Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.7: Something to Celebrate

12-16-2020 09:51 AM
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator
8 6 4,873

In any year, as December draws to a close, it seems to be a natural time for reflection.  Whether in my personal or professional life, I find myself looking back at what was accomplished during the past year, while at the same time looking forward to opportunities for the coming year.  There is a rhythm, a built-in beat, triggered both by natural cycles – the shorter, colder days, at least here in the northern hemisphere – as well as by social cues centered around the holidays, that drives this period of reflection.

This year is different, of course, due to the devastating pandemic that has shaken the world.   While nature’s stalwart cues arrived on time, lending a sense of stability and comfort, the social signals that we’ve grown accustomed to are highly altered or lacking altogether.  Sometimes it’s just little things like not having meetings in a conference room where somebody can bring holiday cookies to share.  But there may be bigger things, like not being able to visit and spend time with family and friends, that leave us longing. BYOD (bring your own drink) to a Zoom party doesn’t quite seem to fill the gap here, friends!  So if you’re anything like me, you may find yourself still in search of something to celebrate…

While challenging for sure, this year has amplified my ability to celebrate small things that may have gone overlooked before.  In the spirit of wanting to share something, anything, that might give you a little reason to celebrate, here are your ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.7.

Some of these ideas bring remaining ArcMap functionality into ArcGIS Pro, others are just plain good ideas that we’re happy to see come to life, and a great number of these are productivity boosters.  We hope that everyone will be able to find a little something to celebrate in ArcGIS Pro 2.7.

Most requested:

ArcGIS Pro – Eye Dropper Tool (8:27)

Folders under Bookmarks Menu (8:05)

ArcGIS Pro GPS Toolbar (7:47)

Analysis and Geoprocessing:

Add Map to KML/KMZ in ArcGIS Pro (6:37)

Layer to KML for Selected Records (6:25)

Pro: GP Inputs should display full path to sources (as does Arc) (6:12)

Pro: Add the Magnetic Calculator tool (5:27)

Reclassify for vector data (5:14)

New ModelBuilder Iterator (3:35)

Enabling drag\drop property while adding tools in the model builder (3:24)

ArcGIS Pro Image Analyst: There should be a button “North Up” for stereo images (2:50)

Add Fields (multiple) UI Improvement in Pro (1:28)

Include Python Linter in Default Pro Virtual Environment (0:53)

Add Python Pillow library to stock ArcGIS Pro Python (0:53)

Tools with Output Location Dialogue box not intuitive (0:45)

Data Management:

Enable Repair Geometry tool for ArcSDE geodatabases (7:40)

Attribute Transfer in Parcel Editor Tools (4:54)

Mean Points Enhancement (4:41)

Field Calculator enabled in Parcel Details window (4:30)

The “enable geodatabase” tool is not available on the right click of the geodatabase (4:24)

Improve selection in Pro Version Changes Dialog (4:16)

ArcGIS Pro should allow you to see the SQL used to create a database view (3:42)

Time zone toggle in ArcGIS Pro (3:15)

Add ability to access the current user name in Arcade (2:42)

Add the ability to COGO polygons in ArcGIS Pro. (2:31)

Add Help Button to Editing Tools (2:10)

Option to Add New Feature to Current Map (1:58)

Reset Default Field Order in Pro (1:40)

Add possibility to remove all “Match” columns when geocoding from ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap (1:09)

Rematch Addresses geocoding tool enhancement (1:09)

Selecting multiple fields causes view to jump (0:38)

Provide a shortcut for toggling fields in ArcGIS Pro (0:29)

Enable alias-editing capabilities on Create Feature Class/Create Table Wizard for system related fie... (0:21)

Mapping and Visualization:

Pro: Add the Profile Graph Tool as it works in ArcMap (7:29)

Add different blend techniques to layers and graphics (5:40)

Display Geotagged Photos on Map (7:11)

Export Geotiff of layout (6:54)

Only Display These Scales – in ArcGIS Pro (6:45)

ArcGIS Pro – more Intuitive Default Legend Labels (6:05)

Designating Items In Legend Columns (5:58)

Arcpy: legend.addItem (5:46)

Reorder legend items with arcpy.mapping (5:46)

Caching “Suggestion” option is not available in ArcPro 2.4.1 (5:33)

Change coordinate system for Scene Layer Package (.slpk) (5:02)

No Sample Sized Reached Error in ArcGIS Pro (4:02)

Add sort and find abilities to contents pane (3:51)

Key numbering for EVERY feature in a layer. (3:00)

“Downhill” placement of labels with Maplex (3:07)

The “add callout” tool for “go to xy” appear not to be available (2:20)

Rectangle Zoom Out tool for ArcGIS Pro (1:46)

Thank you for sharing your ideas about how to make ArcGIS Pro work better for you.  A special thank you to the following community members who had ideas implemented this release:

AmandaTaylor, KatherineSotnik, MooreCounty, ZachEdwards2, VeritaAdmin, ThomasColson, ChrisPlano, AndrewZimba, JamalNUMAN, BarbaraSchneider2, ColeAndrews, JoshuaBixby, PaulDziemiela2, AndreaKross, Pieter_Geertvan_den_Beukel, JohnFell, PandaGuest, CourtneyGordon1, StevenSalas, TobiSellekaerts, MTaft-Ferguson, JohnBrodnicki, MatthewBeal, MaryUllrich, CathyWilson2, MatthewBoyle1, LarsElmkær_Chwastek, QuayeTrimble1, GabrielMarcus1, StephenLead, JayHill, DouglasCaldwell, SusanBrandner, RyanKelso, JeffKling, ColtonSnelling, ClintDow, gauthierverlin, TySimmons, MichalBirkenfeld1, BobPerham, RoseNyberg, FMGLGIS, and ÁkosHalmai.

We welcome the community's continued participation in helping us define ArcGIS Pro’s development priorities for the future!

6 Comments
About the Author
With an undergraduate degree in Biology and Environmental Studies from Kalamazoo College, I became interested in GIS when working as a land stewardship manager on the Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica. After returning from Costa Rica, I earned a graduate degree in GIS with a focus on Sustainability Management from the University of Washington. As a Product Manager for ArcGIS Pro, collaborating across multiple teams to contribute to the direction of product development, I am dedicated to listening to users and finding ways to convert that feedback into a product that continues to add customer value.