Esri Startup Program Orientation: Access Emerging Partner Benefits
One of the benefits of the Esri Startup Program is becoming an Emerging Partner within the Esri Partner Network (EPN). As part of the Esri Partner Network, you will have access to a community of like-minded organizations, a world-class platform on which to develop your products and services, and, most importantly, a solid partnership for sharing best practices and resources to ensure success.
As a partner, remember to maintain your company information, stay engaged with this community, take advantage of your exclusive access to resources provided.
We look forward to helping you in your development of high-caliber solutions built with the ArcGIS platform. We’re excited for you to be a part of this global community and we hope upon your completion of the Esri Startup Program you’ll continue to remain a Partner with Esri.
Getting Started as an Emerging Partner:
Partner Portal Access & Partnering Resources
Step 1: Activate your Esri Partner Portal & Log-in
You will receive an automated email, “Welcome to the Esri Partner Portal”, including login instructions, welcoming you to the Esri Partner Network. Partner Portal is your primary website for working with Esri as partner. If you have any trouble accessing the portal, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Step 2: Access Resources
In the portal you can access your partner benefits, resources, collaboration tools, and use exciting new features of the Partner Portal like Community Chatter to connect other partners, Esri and Esri distributors in the community. The Partner Portal is also where you manage your partner-related information, manage Partner Directory listing, Portal Users, get details on ordering software priced for partners, and more. Here you can also submit a Case to ask for help from the Partner Resource Center, and participate in Chatter with the global partner community.
Key areas to keep up-to-date on the Partner Portal include:
- My Portal:
- My Company
- My Contacts
- My Directory
The go-to-place for details that are unique to your account. My Company will find a link to email your Partner Manager, your customer number, renewal date, and address. The enhanced Contacts section allows you to Add, Edit, or Inactivate contacts that no longer need to be listed.
- Tip: To avoid duplication, always check your entire contact list before adding a new contact.
- Tip: Inactivated contacts are removed from your view. Please ‘Submit a Case’ if you need to reactivate a contact.
MY DIRECTORY (Partner Directory):
This is for creating, maintaining and making your company, solutions and services discoverable in the Partner Directory. The Partner Directory is a key resource for customers as well as Esri and Esri distributor staff.
Note, for Emerging Partner’s your Partner Directory listing is hidden until Esri Startup team has confirmed that there is a demonstrable ArcGIS integration and you’re prepared to go-to-market.
It is important to notify the Esri Startup Team when nearing completion of integration with the Esri ArcGIS Platform, please notify email@example.com, one month prior to kick off strategic steps for success such as:
- Create your Partner Directory Listing – The Partner Directory is a key resource for customers as well as Esri and Esri distributor staff.
- Esri must enable you to create your listing via the My Directory tab in the Partner Portal. If you have questions, please email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Outline co-selling strategies with Esri Sector Teams.
- Add Esri Emerging Partner Logo on website and reference partnership.
- Have proper Esri attribution in your app.
- Develop a promotional campaign and execute PR Support for Startups.
The output of this content will appear in your directory listing, an example of a listing is as follows (Blue Raster- Esri Partner Directory):
Remember to Familiarize Yourself with Key Esri Access Points & Resources:
- Partner Portal: your primary website for working with Esri as partner. It is a self-service business platform to manage company contacts, Portal Users, access your partner benefits, resources, and collaboration tools.
- My Esri: your access point to manage your licenses, support incidents, and training, as well as to download software updates, maintain related account information, and more.
- Training: as an Esri Startup partner you have access to unlimited complimentary self-paced e-learning managed through your My Esri organization.
Learn more about the Partner Portal, tools, and benefits - note, you must activate your partner portal and login to access the links below:
- Partner Portal Quick Start Guide
- Community Chatter Participation Guide
- Partner Directory Guidelines
- Esri Brand Usage Guide for Partners
- Esri Emerging Business Partner Logo (for download)
- Powered-by-Esri Logos Light & Dark (for download)
- Advertising and Articles Guidelines
- Guide to Sharing Your Press Release: PR Support for Startups
Need Help? Contact Us
- Partner related questions like access to partner portal, company name changes email, Partner Resource Center.
- For Esri Tech Support Services visit, support.esri.com.
- Esri Startup Program questions or general inquires email,email@example.com.
Note, we have a variety of international Esri Distributor Startup Program representatives who will support you in your local region. We will provide you introductions to these supporting staff if you’re not already in contact with them.
How can I Engage with the Esri Startup Community?
- Follow @EsriStartups
- Connect with Startups & Developers on GeoNet: esri.com/groups/esristartups
- Explore our Developer Community: arcgis.com
- Access hundreds of open source projects on GitHub: github.io