This blog follows Acceptance & Onboarding, Access Emerging Partner Benefits is next in the Orientation Series
Esri Startup Program Orientation:
Access Your Software
!Please read this closely to avoid headaches down the road!
This page describes how to structure, access, and administer the software provided to your team through the Esri Startup Program, which provides robust software benefits package. It's important to carefully admin and track your order emails, accounts/subscriptions, and usernames.
There are three important destinations to access and administer your software:
- My Esri: Your one-stop destination for software downloads and authorization numbers to install and activate your licenses and developer subscriptions, admin your account, training, and other important access points for your team.
- arcgis.com or ArcGIS Online: is Esri’s GIS SaaS software. Once activate, you need to link your subscription to your My Esri. Also, ArcGIS Online provisions licenses for per-user licensed software, such as ArcGIS Pro.
- developers.arcgis.com: Manage and access your enterprise level subscriptions through My Esri ‘Developer’ tab, which will bring you to your developer dashboard
Every team member can have a My Esri account, and should be invited to connect to your unique customer number to gain the proper admin rights. Each subscription also results in a unique set of credentials (user types/named users). We recommend using a spreadsheet and recording these credentials for reference. We also recommend organizing your individual team member’s accounts as follows:
- 1 x My Esri Credentials: For team members who need administrative privileges or direct access to software.
- 1 x ArcGIS Online Organization: This is your commercial subscription for team members who work with production content and services. The Startup Program provides one "umbrella" ArcGIS Online organization and we recommend using this organization for production.
- 3 x [Developer Subscription ArcGIS Online Dev & Test Orgs]: For team members who are developing, testing, or demoing content and services OR who need licenses for per-user licensed software, such as ArcGIS Pro, provided through the Developer Subscription. The Startup Program provides access to three Enterprise Developer Subscriptions, each with their own Dev & Test ArcGIS Online Organization.
Within a few days your team member that applied to the program will receive two emails from email@example.com:
- Esri Order XXXXXXX, PO XXXXXXXXXX, provides a link to activate My Esri as well as activation codes for your Enterprise Developer Subscriptions.
- Esri – Activate Your ArcGIS Online Subscription, contains an activation link for your new commercial “umbrella” ArcGIS Online Organization, with numerous user types and 10k credits.
1: Activate and Configure My Esri
- Create a MyEsri account: Open the Esri Order email, click the link to log into MyEsri, then click the “Create Account” tab and follow the directions to create a NEW account. This is the MyEsri account. Once the account is created, login.
- Invite your team members: Go to “My Organizations” -> ”Users” -> “Invite Users” and follow the instructions. Here you can add multiple users by email, configure their permissions, and annotate the invitation.
*Note, your team members should also create a new account. Remind them to sign out of previous accounts and restart their browser.
- Provide access to Tech Support: Go to “My Organizations” -> “Support” -> “Authorized Callers” and click “Add Caller”.
*Note, in order for a team member to log a case with Support, they must be registered as an authorized caller.
2: Access Commercial Software
- Access the software: Login to MyEsri and go to “My Organizations”. Downloads are available under the “Downloads” sub-tab and you can manage license provisions under the “Licensing” sub-tab.
3: Activate and Configure Developer Subscriptions
The following assumes you have been provisioned a MyEsri account per Step 1 and have access to a Developer Subscription code provided in the Esri Order email.
- Register your Developer Subscription: Open the Esri Order email, copy an unused Developer Subscription code, click the registration link, login to MyEsri, then paste and activate your code.
- Activate your Developer Subscription: Go to “My Organizations” -> “Licensing” -> “Developer Subscription” and click “Activate”.
- Complete Activation: Enter a URL for a single-user ArcGIS Online organization associated with your Developer Subscription and select “Complete Activation” with your EXISTING MyEsri account. This ensures that your MyEsri credentials are also used to access your single-user organization and the Developer Subscription Administrative Dashboard (see next step).
*Note, there is no software provided through this single-user organization and we do not recommend using it for team workflows.
- Create your Developer Dev & Test Organization: After you have completed the activation, you will be prompted to log in. Log in with your MyEsri credentials to view the Developer Subscription Dashboard and click “Setup Dev and Test Organization.” Follow the steps to create a NEW This creates a new Dev & Test organization and a Developer Subscription Dev & Test account.
- Configure your Developer Dev & Test Organization: After you have created a new account, complete setup in ArcGIS Online and enter your NEW credentials when prompted. Once you sign in, fill out the forms to configure your Organization’s preliminary settings. Click “Save and Continue.” You will be taken to the Organization’s administrative landing page.
- Invite Team Members to your Dev & Test Organization: Click “Invite Members” in the “Organization” administrative console and follow the steps provided.
- Use Developer Subscription (Enterprise) software: Log in to MyEsri with your MyEsri credentials and go to “My Organizations”->”Developer”. Downloads are available under the ”Downloads” side-header and you can manage license provisions, besides those for Pro, under the “Developer” side-header.
- Configure Licenses (eg for ArcGIS Pro): Log in to your Dev & Test ArcGIS Online instance. Click “Manage Licenses” in the “Organization” administrative console and click the link under the “Licensed for” column to configure licenses for each user.
4: Activate and Configure ArcGIS Online
- Activate the Organization: In the ArcGIS Online email, first click the link then create a NEW account and follow the instructions. This creates the ArcGIS Online account.
- Configure the Organization: Fill out the forms to configure your Organization’s preliminary settings. Click “Save and Continue.” You will be taken to the administrative landing page.
- Invite Team Members: Click “Invite Members” in the “Organization” administrative console and follow the steps provided.
- Use ArcGIS Online: There are no additional software configurations for ArcGIS Online. ArcGIS Online is a credit-based model and the credits provided through the Program will be consumed as you use Online services.
We know, that's a lot of text! Remember to track and save your accounts and usernames. If you have questions, we suggest you first troubleshoot the issues with Esri Support, you have access to Standard Tech Support via the program. They have back end views to the systems. For more in-depth inquires, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.