How to Administer Users on My Esri

02-11-2019 05:15 PM
TeresaDolan
Esri Contributor
3 0 8,285

We've written this document that we hope admins will find useful. It covers the same tools and processes discussed in the blog post A Day in the Life of a My Esri Admin, but in downloadable PDF format.

When a user is made an admin by being granted Administrator permission, this document will be provided to them in their language via a link in the invitation email they are sent from My Esri.

In case you missed the email, you can download this PDF (the English version).

If you want a copy of the non-English version, you could do this: send yourself an invitation using Invite Users. As a My Esri admin, supply your email address on Invite Users, grant yourself Administrator permissions, choose your language to send the invitation in, then send the invitation. You'll get an email with a link to the Admin PDF in the language you selected. Then delete the pending invitation.

[UPDATED 3/16/2021 to bring the document up-to-date. As My Esri evolves, we work hard to improve processes to make administering your organization easier. This new version includes more information for how to invite authorized callers to your organization if you have a Technical Support contract; updates terminology and screenshots; and explains how to get more help if you need it. The translated versions are accessible from the links in the emails to newly-invited admins.]

[UPDATED 1/20/2023 to reflect the new experience. The latest version of the PDF in English is attached below.]

[UPDATED 5/11/2023 to reflect the deprecation of the Request Permissions form. The latest version of the PDF in English is linked below. I removed the attached version, as it could get out of date. The linked version will always be the latest version.]

About the Author
I am a Business Analyst on the My Esri team. I've worked on My Esri since its inception. I've worked at Environmental Systems Research Institute (or ESRI or Esri) since 1984.