Product Licensing Help and Resources for ArcGIS 10 and previous versions

07-01-2010 03:09 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
0 0 416

With the release of ArcGIS 10, I'd like to take a few minutes and point out some of the resources that are available when you're stuck on a licensing issue. Let's start by looking at two Web sites with a ton of utilities and references: the new Esri Customer Care site (for ArcGIS 10), and the still useful Esri Customer Service site (for 9.3.1 and older).

Esri Customer Care site - http://customers.esri.com
Hanna discussed several of the features of the Esri Customer Care site in her blog that was posted in April 2010. Since I'm here to talk about product licensing, I'd like to highlight the 'Authorization and Provisioning' tab of the site. This area lets you view the status of ArcGIS 10 authorizations, generate provisioning files to simplify licensing, and get help on other licensing issues. There's a great FAQ to help you become more familiar with some of the new workflows: Esri Customer Care – Authorization & Provisioning Help</A>.

Esri Customer Service site - http://service.esri.com
The Esri Customer Service site is still the place to go for all of your 9.x licensing questions. Any time you need to transfer a floating license or register single-use and server products, you can use the Product Registration and Request a New License File links. You can instantly register single-use products and receive the license file directly in your email. Floating licenses take a little longer, but submitting a license request on the Web site is the most direct way to get all the details to your Customer Service Representative.

If your Esri Global Account is linked to your customer number, you can also use the Web site to view and manage your organization's licenses. The ‘License Management’ tab lets you view and transfer floating licenses, as well as create lists and reports about your licensing. The ‘My Software’ link lists your products, and can even show you who registered which UNK number and what extensions.

Licensing ArcGIS 10
I'd like to conclude by pointing out some of the new authorization processes for ArcGIS 10. As everyone who participated in the Beta program knows, licensing has undergone some changes for the release of ArcGIS 10. If you give the links below a read, you'll be well prepared to license your new software and get up and running as quickly as possible:

ArcGIS Desktop Authorization

ArcGIS Server Authorization.

Please provide any questions or comments that you may have via the comments section below this post. NOTE: You must be logged in to your Esri Global Account to leave comments.

-John P, Senior Implementation Analyst - Esri Support Services