Changes to Engaging with Esri Support

08-27-2014 04:58 AM
Labels (2)
GregoryLehner
Esri Contributor
0 0 403
Over this coming holiday weekend, Support Services is migrating to a new customer relationship management application. To support this effort, we will be closing for the day at 3:00 PM PST on Friday, August 29th, and will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, September 2nd at 5:00 AM PST.

Here are a few minor changes in the way you will be working with Esri Support following this migration.
  • Emails sent to you will now appear as being sent from Esri Customer Care - customercare@esri.com (previously nimbus@esri.com). Please update any email filters to ensure you receive these communications.
  • To support a seamless transition for our customers, you may continue to reply to any email originated from nimbus@esri.com. This correspondence will be automatically routed to our new system.
  • An "Incident" will now be referred to as a "Case", and this will be reflected in any email you receive from a Support team member.
  • The Subject line of an email you receive will include a Case number and Reference ID. Please do not edit these portions of the subject line, as they are used to relate your email back to your Case.
    • Ex: "Esri Case #00123456 - Need Assistance with editing my data [ ref:_00D70JXts._50070fEuTO:ref ]
  • Reported software defects will now be categorized separately as either a bug or an enhancement. Previously logged defects will continue to be referenced by their historical number (i.e. NIM012345), but new bugs and enhancements will follow a new naming convention (i.e. BUG-00012345 or ENH-00012345).

Our Esri Reception team will continue to be reachable via support@esri.com.
Gregory L. - Online Support Resources
About the Author
Originally from Wisconsin, Greg is an avid fan of GIS (and a county collector)! He helps support ArcGIS Pro by developing next-generation map authoring capabilities and writing/editing web help resources.