Esri Presentation Icons

12-17-2019 05:11 PM
JeffDeWeese
Esri Contributor
31 22 16.3K

Interest has been expressed within the Esri community with having Esri provide a set of icons for building presentations, particularly those involving conceptual IT architectures. Esri recently released an initial set of "Esri Presentation Icons" which can be used to develop conceptual architecture diagrams to provide a unified view of GIS deployments. Attached is the initial set of icons that are being provided for customer usage.

The intended use of this icon set is to enhance PowerPoint presentations by illustrating core GIS concepts. These are not intended to be used for schematic drawings or highly detailed workflows.

Tags (1)
22 Comments
RuiMenezes
New Contributor III

Thank you very much Jeff DeWeese‌!

John_Spence
Occasional Contributor III

You're awesome!  Thanks jdeweese-esristaff 

ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for posting these! However, I get an error when I try to open it. "PowerPoint found a problem with content in [the.potx]">I try to repair it>Says it can't read it/"the presentation cannot be opened. Your antivirus program may prevent you from opening the presentation."

I'm using Powerpoint from Office 365 ProPlus. I can't temporarily disable my antivirus. Do you know what might be causing this within the file?

JeffDeWeese
Esri Contributor

Chelsea, there are some suggestions offered on some of the MS blogs, for example: PowerPoint found a problem with content in.... - Microsoft Community. If that doesn't resolve it, please email me at jdeweese@esri.com and I can reach back to the team that created the file and see what else is possible. Thanks!

JeffDeWeese
Esri Contributor

Appreciate it John! Hats off to the folks that created the file. If they ever publish it on an external link I will update and provide (e.g., to ensure the latest version is being shared, etc.).

JeffDeWeese
Esri Contributor

You are most welcome Rui....Jeff

ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for the link! The first suggestion on that page worked for me and I can open the file now: File>options>trust center>trust center settings>protected view>uncheck all

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

These are cool, thanks! I quit drinking the PowerPoint kool-aide in favor of using story maps for my presentations....

OlawanleAkintan
New Contributor

Thanks Jeff, this is very useful.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is AMAZING!!!!! 

Communicating and educating are essential to the success of any GIS. Presenting information in a clear and interesting manner is an investment and these icons are a sight for sore eyes! 

- AND - they are even captioned with what they are.... *Mind Blown*. 

Thank you for making my job easier.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for this! You have no idea how much of a nightmare it is trying to emulate this using other diagrams and I'd hate to recycle other people's hard work into my own presentation; it makes me feel like a leech. Thanks again! 

John_Spence

@JeffDeWeese Thank you so much for making this available to us. Can we get an updated copy?

DebendraBiswas1
New Contributor III

@JeffDeWeese these are great! Thank you so much for sharing.

JeffDeWeese
Esri Contributor

John, et al, I just checked and this is still the latest public icon set. I will continue to monitor internally and if an update materializes I will certainly update this post. Thanks!

John_Spence

@JeffDeWeese ,

Thank you so much Jeff. Really appreciate you doing this.

SSchott_CLAU
New Contributor III

Thanks @JeffDeWeese for posting this.

John_Spence

@JeffDeWeese , can we get the latest updates since there has been some changes to the stack? Looking for both the light and dark versions. 🙂 Thank you very much!

JeffDeWeese
Esri Contributor

@John_Spence I checked our internal site but at this time no new updates appear to be available. I will continue to monitor though for any updates.....

RyanSlevin
New Contributor II

Hi @JeffDeWeese - These are great. Any recent updates to these icons? or alternative gradients? White backgrounds make the icons a little harder to see! 

RamezRafatOVF
New Contributor

Thanks a lot  @JeffDeWeese !

Any chance for a 2024 update on these icons? Any chance to get it also for light bacground? Why not give away the whole "Esri Presentation Icons for Partners" also to us active ESRI users/customers (yes, the one with around 55 slides)?

Greetings, Ramez Rafat 

(a previous ESRI Gold Partner 😉 )

Jill_Andrea_Stokes
New Contributor III

Hi @JeffDeWeese,

If you still are involved in this subject, would it be possible to check yet again - for 2024 icons update?

I just attended Dev Summit and I really like the new graphics. My goal is to create one or a few custom posters - representing the Esri Stack of products and capabilities currently in use at our agency.

Regards,

Jill

JeffDeWeese
Esri Contributor

Hello Jill and everyone. You may be aware of the new Well Architected Framework website (https://architecture.arcgis.com). The content on the website will be expanding and the plan is to add architecture icons for use on this site somewhere around User Conference time (July). Stay tuned! Thanks.

About the Author
I joined Esri in 1998 and I am currently a senior Enterprise Solutions Architect within Esri's Implementation Services Department. I have over 30 years of experience leading teams, supporting sales initiatives, providing technical management, architecting systems, implementing systems, evaluating technology, and providing technical consulting to meet customer business objectives.