Next Gen BAO Mobile App for iOS (iPad and iPhone) Released!

11-21-2014 01:08 AM
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator
0 0 1,110
BAOMobile.pngIf you are a Business Analyst Online (BAO) user, then you are familiar with all the great information you can find about a place. You can generate reports for your specific areas of interest based on thousands of data variables ranging from demographics and census to consumer spending and employment data as well as traffic counts.

Now, what if you are out and about and just have to have that information right now? The BAO Mobile app is what you need.

The next-generation BAO Mobile app is now available on the Apple App Store. Customers who have purchased BAO as a premium app get the mobile app as part of the subscription. BAO users who are a member of the organization’s Group (normally named ‘My BAO Group’) containing the BAO application will have access to both the BAO web app and the BAO Mobile app. If you believe that your organization has BAO but you are not able to log in, please refer to this post.

If your organization currently does not have BAO and you would like to try it out, sign up for a 30-day trial.

Keep in mind that if you’re using the old BAO mobile app, this will not automatically be updated to the Next Gen BAO Mobile app. You will need to download the new BAO Mobile app from the App Store and log in with your ArcGIS Online username and password. The old mobile app will remain available for a short time to allow users to download and start using the new app.
BAOAppCompare1.png

Old BAO app released 2012 (left) and new BAO Mobile app released 2014 (right)

While we understand there might be some confusion regarding which authentication credentials to use, it is necessary to have both the new mobile app and the preexisting product available for a short time to allow users time to download and start using the new BAO Mobile app. The new mobile app requires ArcGIS Online credentials (username/password) and the user must have the BAO web app to use the new version, which should streamline the login process between ArcGIS Online, the BAO Web app, and BAO Mobile.

Previous BAO mobile app users that do not have a current subscription to BAO will not be able to use the new app unless they purchase a subscription. This is the primary reason to keep the previous BAO mobile app available so these users will have time to transition to the new app if they want to continue using the mobile app.

Kory K. - Desktop Support Analyst
About the Author
With an undergraduate degree in Biology and Environmental Studies from Kalamazoo College, I became interested in GIS when working as a land stewardship manager on the Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica. After returning from Costa Rica, I earned a graduate degree in GIS with a focus on Sustainability Management from the University of Washington. As a Product Manager for ArcGIS Pro, collaborating across multiple teams to contribute to the direction of product development, I am dedicated to listening to users and finding ways to convert that feedback into a product that continues to add customer value.