Can't login to ArcGIS Pro, login screen stays empty?

Jump to solution
02-12-2020 01:53 AM
DanielHess
New Contributor

Hello,

i am not able to use ArcGIS Pro. It runs with a named user license, but i am not able to login to my account because the screen with the gui stays empty (see screenshot.).

Things i tried:

- Reinstall ArcGIS Pro, install updates manually, install different ArcGIS Pro Versions, Install/Deinstall Data Interop Center

- Use different default web browser

- Update Windows 10

- Multiple PC restarts

- uncheck "Sign me in automatically"

- Stop Antivir/Firewall

I don't have any further ideas what i could try... maybe someone could help?

Greetings and thanks

Daniel

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Daniel,

The ArcGIS Pro AGOL sign-in dialogue uses Internet Explorer setting to display.  Open your Internet Explorer and go to www.arcgis.com.  You will likely get the same issue.  Try adding it to the trusted site for Internet Explorer or Edge depending on your system.  If you can load www.arcgis.com, you should be able to display the Pro Named User login dialogue.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
JohnMoses2
New Contributor II

Looks like the issue has to do with hardware acceleration.

Ersi has a solution here: https://support.esri.com/en/Technical-Article/000025347

Tip, you'll have to do some registry edits to fix.

View solution in original post

41 Replies
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Daniel,

The ArcGIS Pro AGOL sign-in dialogue uses Internet Explorer setting to display.  Open your Internet Explorer and go to www.arcgis.com.  You will likely get the same issue.  Try adding it to the trusted site for Internet Explorer or Edge depending on your system.  If you can load www.arcgis.com, you should be able to display the Pro Named User login dialogue.

Tags (1)
DanielHess
New Contributor

That worked, thank your very much!

0 Kudos
SusanaCardonaPiedrahita
New Contributor

It didn't work on my computer, I can sign in ArcGIS on any of the browsers but the desktop app keeps apprearing blank.

BenCoubrough
Esri Contributor

please Open Internet Explorer > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset

0 Kudos
greenfld
New Contributor II

That didn't work for me

0 Kudos
ThreeTwoFour
New Contributor II

Resetting Internet Explorer doesn't make any difference.

RashmiTagore
New Contributor

Hi !

I am facing the same issue, the login page is blank. I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.6.2, tried the following:

1. Added https://www.arcgis.com to trusted sites in IE

2. Checked "Use TLS 1.2" and "Use TLS 1.3(experimental)" in Internet options --> advanced 

Still the login page is blank, can someone help please.

Thanks,

Rashmi.

yunmeiHuang
New Contributor II

I have the same issue and have tried these methods mentioned here. I still cannot normally see the login GUI.  If the GUI appears, I can't click to login into my university account and only can click the social media login in option (google, GitHub and facebook). Confusing 

WilliamFrancis3
New Contributor II

I am experiencing the same issue. Not normally seeing the login fields and text only a grey pane. Occasionally it appears and only the social media links work.

Checking firewall and internet explorer trusted settings has no impact.

Very frustrating

0 Kudos