Raster to Point issue

05-23-2022 08:19 PM
RichardMorris
New Contributor III

Hi - I am trying to convert Raster to Point but not getting any values coming up in the 'Field' input. The raster in question has been classified by changing Symbology settings (it was a Stretch to begin with). 

I'm also curious why Attribute Tables are greyed out when I right-click a raster layer name?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

If your raster is a floating point raster, then there is no raster attribute table.  Hence the option is grayed out.  You can convert the floating point raster to an integer raster using the Int (Spatial Analyst) geoprocessing tool to convert from decimal to an integer based raster dataset.  Then you'd have a raster attribute table with values that can be seen by the Raster to Point GP tool.

RichardMorris
New Contributor III

Hi Robert - this works, thanks. However, the new layer (N load_int - please see attached) doesn't carry over any of the values from the original floating point layer or the symbology. I have tried relating the tables, but this results in the Attributes Table option being greyed out again. Any suggestions very welcome!

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

The field in the RasterToPoint tool should populate with Value if the raster is floating point.

@RichardMorris what type of raster are you using? Is it a .tif or file gdb raster or is it an Image Service?

0 Kudos
RichardMorris
New Contributor III

Hi Steve - please see attached Layer Properties - I'm not sure if its a TIF or file GDB, but its not an Image Service. 

Still not see any values for rasters N load or N load_class when trying RastertoPoint - please see screenshots attached. Thanks, Richard  

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

You may have a corrupt raster. Try the following

1) create, using Windows Explorer, c:\temp if you don't already have it

2) in ArcGIS Pro, use the following geoprocessing tool to copy it to another format

3) CopyRaster input raster = N_Load, output raster = c:\temp\myraster.tif

4) try using c:\temp\myraster.tif in RasterToPoint

0 Kudos