Since the last update, we are facing the following issues-:
Can anyone help me resolve at least the 1st issue on urgent basis, if not all.
I too am having similar issues, and am concerned as to what these disruptions might mean for published reports. A strange one I'll add to the list, but is related to a few of the mentioned issues:
No fix on my end yet either, unfortunately.
I would like to surface this issue and add a few more comments as well. The new update has thrown off a lot of our reports and it has been really frustrating trying to deal with all the issues that have popped up. And the fact that the visual has been jumping back and forth between the new and old version has resulted in us having to fix our maps several times. Some of our many issues are listed below as follows:
1. My boundary map (which uses SA1 levels) no longer works and is stuck in an infinite loading loop and the visual simply displays unintelligible triangles.
2. Within the boundary map, the settings keep changing to the default ones every time a slicer is picked. It also keeps forgetting the Symbology contains a colour.
3. Despite picking the correct field with the SA1 codes, which worked flawlessly in the previous version, the new version keeps throwing "The accuracy of your locations can be improved. Go to location type" error several times.
4. The heatmap symbology looks drastically worse than the previous version. The transparency effects are gone and it resembles a massive blob on the map.
5. The maps go blank every time I re-open the report. The only fix I have found is to remove the value field and re-add the field to the visual to force a refresh of the visual.
Things I have tried so far:
1. Rebooted my system several times.
2. Made sure my Power BI client is updated to the latest version.
3. Cleared cache within Power BI
We have business critical reports running using this map visual and it is extremely disappointing to see how they have released this version with the amount of bugs we have seen.
I would like to also raise this topic again.
Yesterday I noticed that the new visual has been updated again.... just to notice that it is causing even more trouble. For example, when selecting an area to filter other visuals, I noticed the selection is not consistent... for example, selecting an area in Brazil showed some entries in Germany, France, etc...
I think this is similar to the problem reported by Hoover_ODOT....
Basically this breaks completely my report....
I wish I had the chance to use the old visual version until the new version is tested and validated....
I am experiencing these bugs as well. The symbology settings reverting randomly and the inaccurate cross filtering are deal breakers as these are the reason I am using this visual. Looks like it's time for the developers to roll back to a stable version.
We're on the symbology settings reverting back as well as several other issues to be addressed in a release next month.
This release was a significant update, where we updated major components to improve performance, and so that we are set for a better future moving forward. We do a significant amount of testing and are working hard to handle the priority issues as they come in.
We will make sure to post a change log to show what's been fixed next month, and please keep letting us know what issues you are experiencing.
I'm extremely relieved to see that I'm not experiencing similar issues in isolation. Specific concerns in my implementation:
Looking forward to the fixes. This is a critical functionality for our use-case.