Select to view content in your preferred language

Facing a lot of issues since the last update

09-08-2021 02:28 AM
ManuVats
New Contributor

Since the last update, we are facing the following issues-:

1. We select one point from the map to filter other visuals on the dashboard. But it is sending information of a point other than selected to filter the dashboard visuals and calculate the values. This way we are getting incorrect values of our calculations. We have checked and tested thoroughly a lot of times and we are sure that this error is not from our side.  
  2. The Symbology settings of field added inside Power BI keep changing to default even after changing it and saving the file. This happens especially when we interact with filters and slicers on the same dashboard which are not even affecting the map or getting filtered by the map (This we have checked in Edit Interactions feature of Power BI).'
  3. After interacting with filters and slicers which are not filtering or getting filtered by the map, the map automatically zooms out to the max. 
  4. I want to make the layer of field added inside Power BI to be invisible but clickable so that it can filter other visuals on the dashboard. So I set its transparency to 100 in the Symbology settings so that they are invisible but clickable. But after setting the transparency to 100, the layer added inside Power BI stops being visible and clickable at the same time. Nothing happens when I click on the points in the map. So I have to set the transparency to 99 to make it work but it compromises invisibility of the layer.

Can anyone help me resolve at least the 1st issue on urgent basis, if not all.

22 Replies
SteveReeves
New Contributor II

I have been experiencing the issues in the OP's points one and two, as well as repeatedly getting the 'The accuracy of your locations can be improved..' message, till they fill the map. There is nothing more I can select (Points, One Country, Australia).

The issue with 'select one point from the map to filter other visuals on the dashboard' is very problematic as my team have come to value and use this feature. As present all of the maps my team use are not usable.

Screenshot shows point selected and resulting data shown in table below that no longer reflected selected point. Same issue occurs en masse if multiple points are selected. All maps produced no or published pre-update are affected similarly.

0 Kudos
KevinRbi
New Contributor II

Has this been resolved? I'm still experiencing all of the same issues, but I'm not sure if it's because the fixes haven't been deployed by ESRI or because my corporate software admins haven't pushed an update.

Thanks for any feedback.

0 Kudos
gcosta7
New Contributor II

Hi,

My issue related to the wrong visualization interaction filtering has been solved.

I checked last week, and it worked fine. I don't know about the other reported issues, but for my usage it is now finally working again as expected.