Facing a lot of issues since the last update

09-08-2021 02:28 AM
ManuVats
New Contributor

Since the last update, we are facing the following issues-:

1. We select one point from the map to filter other visuals on the dashboard. But it is sending information of a point other than selected to filter the dashboard visuals and calculate the values. This way we are getting incorrect values of our calculations. We have checked and tested thoroughly a lot of times and we are sure that this error is not from our side.  
  2. The Symbology settings of field added inside Power BI keep changing to default even after changing it and saving the file. This happens especially when we interact with filters and slicers on the same dashboard which are not even affecting the map or getting filtered by the map (This we have checked in Edit Interactions feature of Power BI).'
  3. After interacting with filters and slicers which are not filtering or getting filtered by the map, the map automatically zooms out to the max. 
  4. I want to make the layer of field added inside Power BI to be invisible but clickable so that it can filter other visuals on the dashboard. So I set its transparency to 100 in the Symbology settings so that they are invisible but clickable. But after setting the transparency to 100, the layer added inside Power BI stops being visible and clickable at the same time. Nothing happens when I click on the points in the map. So I have to set the transparency to 99 to make it work but it compromises invisibility of the layer.

Can anyone help me resolve at least the 1st issue on urgent basis, if not all.

22 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @EmilyHoltz 

It should be in 2 weeks or so... we're very close!

Andrew

0 Kudos
KellyMcDowell
New Contributor

Any update on this update? My map is pretty much useless because it continues to revert my symbology to default colors with any slicer selection or change to the report.

I did fine one workaround... Immediately after the plot points revert back to defualt, click "undo" in PBI Desktop and the symbology changes from the default to the symbology I set. While this is helpful for myself, I cannot share my report with the company with these symbology defects.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Confirm you are using the latest version by hovering over the Esri logo in the lower right corner of the map. It should show version 2021.2.95

In my own experience, I had it revert back one time but has not since. I have styled my layers and then save the report and its been holding. 

Please confirm the version and try saving the report once styled. Let us know if that's still an issue and we can look at it soon.

0 Kudos
KellyMcDowell
New Contributor

Thank you for your response!

Yes, I'm using version 2021.2.95

I've been building this report for a month or two. It's reverted my symbology back to default through the whole process, but at first only if I changed my filters too quickly or if the map seemed to get overwhelmed... Throughout building the report I've had to obsessively save along the way because I never know when it'll revert back.

Yesterday I added a slicer with a field outside of my primary 'map data' table. Now, anytime I make a selection from any of my slicers/filters, the plots change to default. I also can't make any changes or updates to my report without them reverting to default. I seem to be at a dead-end unless I scale back my report functionality and filter options, which wouldn't meet the report requirements.

I considered updating my legend and map coloring to the default colors the ArcGIS map continues to revert to, even though it's nothing close to our brand colors. However, this isn't even an option. If 1 selection is made in a slicer, the color plotted is always red... the categories don't hold their color when the map is filtered.

0 Kudos
KellyMcDowell
New Contributor

Also, clicking 'Undo' in Power BI still brings back my default symbology. When I make a selection within a slicer, the map goes blank for a moment, then loads correctly with my symbology settings. This lasts for a second or two, then the map reloads with the default symbology. At this point, if I click undo, the map loads correctly with my selected filters in place and symbology settings as they should be...

This doesn't make the map functional by any means, but at least I have an option to get my symbology back without closing the report and reopening from the last saved point. The map is adding a step to reload itself back to default any time a filter or visualization is clicked and this needs to not happen.

0 Kudos
cmcthayer
New Contributor

Also having this issue - super frustrating!  Any updates on this?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We're identifying and working through the most critical issues, targeting a release in November. We want to make sure to get as many showstoppers and high impact bugs taken care of, and need a little time to iron it all out.

0 Kudos
ManuVats
New Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User 
Thanks for you reply.
Can you give us a timeline when will all the above mentioned issues be resolved? Actually we have a client presentation coming and we can't deliver the project until all these issues are resolved.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We're looking to get the next release out in November, likely the 3rd week. The team is working hard on prioritizing all the issues and fixing as much as possible in this next update.

0 Kudos
gcosta7
New Contributor II

Hi Andrew,

Is there any news on this issue?

Thanks.

BR,

Gustavo

0 Kudos