Can no longer select Australian Local Government Areas (LGAs) as "location type" after August 2021 update

09-02-2021 10:52 PM
RosieHill
New Contributor

Before the August 2021 update when representing locations as boundaries in Australia, Local Government Areas could be chosen as the location type. After the most recent update this is no longer an option. Will this be available again in the future? Thanks

RosieHill_0-1630648176182.png

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@RosieHill - Hello there! My name is Anthony and I am a product engineer on the ArcGIS for Power BI visual. I was looking over this issue and I would like to help out if I can! 🙂

Would you be able to provide the dataset you are using to create the boundaries on the map? I have logged an issue in our project to potentially fix this item and I want to ensure it works properly using your dataset. 

Looking forward to getting this resolved! 

0 Kudos
RosieHill
New Contributor

Hi Anthony, thanks for the response. One example is the SALM LGA level dataset (available here: https://lmip.gov.au/default.aspx?LMIP/Downloads/SmallAreaLabourMarketsSALM/Estimates). Let me know if you need more info. Thanks!

0 Kudos
AntoineScuvee1
New Contributor

Obviously the problem is temporarily solved, they went back to version 1.0.0.110. 

0 Kudos
AntoineScuvee1
New Contributor

@AnthonyLatini Hello, my name is Antoine and face the same issue with the list of administrative boundaries in France. 

Before the update, there were 9 locators. But since last Wednesday's update, the list of locators has been reduced to 3.

I attach screenshots of the problem.

Thank you, 

Antoine

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@AntoineScuvee1 @RosieHill - Thank you both for your input on this issue! 

As a quick note, we have temporarily rolled back the latest update to address other outstanding issues in the new release. That said, I have added both of these items to our project and will work on them for the next patch. I will reply to this thread when these issues have been addressed and when the patch that contains these specific fixes will be going live. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos
hgaignard
Esri Contributor

Hi @AnthonyLatini,

The 2021.1.90 update came back but with same issue as described by @AntoineScuvee1.

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@AntoineScuvee1 @hgaignard - Thank you for the information on the administrative boundaries list for France. I have logged an issue in for our upcoming project to address this issue.

I will keep this thread posted as to when the fix will be rolling out for both Australian boundaries and the French boundaries. 

0 Kudos
KateZubrinich
New Contributor

Hi Anthony

This issue is impacting my organisation as well (Local Government Association of Queensland).

Is there any update on when this will be fixed?

Thanks, Kate

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have a patch coming out in November, and hope to have this resolved then!

0 Kudos