Roberts Custom WAB Widgets

12-31-2014 11:28 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
475 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nick,

The idea is basically a minimal pseudo security measure and very easy to bypass. I can right click on the splash screen and go into the element inspector and set the splash screens display css property to none and bypass it with little effort. The only way to add real security to a WAB site is to wrap the site in an aspx .net wrapper that has a login page that will prevent any page loading of the WAB site until the authentication has occurred.

0 Kudos
NicholasBarger
Occasional Contributor III

Ok…Fair enough. I figured it was worth asking.

Thanks!

~ Nick

0 Kudos
DanielChantlos1
Occasional Contributor

Robert,

I have traffic signals as a feature class on our server. I also have a table with traffic counts for these traffic signals (multiple per signal) that we can tie together with related tables on ArcGIS desktop. Currently, we can only show this on flex sites, since related tables don't appear to be supported on WAB yet.

Do you have anything in the works regarding related tables on WAB?

0 Kudos
JuliePowell
Esri Contributor

You've been busy, Robert! Nice work 🙂

TimothySandstrom
New Contributor III

Hi Robert:

Really like the Google Earth Street View.  But, in North Dakota and especially in the Bakken area Bing's Street Side is much more complete and much more updated.  How hard would it be for you to spin up a Bing version or make the widget flexible to use both (best of both worlds)?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Timothy,

This is something I will have to look into. The demand for Bing has been no existent so far until now so I have not even looked into it. As far as the Google StreetView widget working with either, there is no possibility of that as each will have specific methods and capabilities.

0 Kudos
TimothySandstrom
New Contributor III

Hi Robert:

Sounds good.  I too didn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes.  I attached two photos (one of Google and the other Bing).

Google Street View:

GoogleStreetView_BakkenND.JPG

Bing Street Side:

BingStreetSide_BakkenND.JPG

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hi Robert, just wanted to mention that for some reason, the links/dates on the original post are not updated for the widgets you updated this past week.  Not sure if that is usually an auto-update of if you typically do it.   For example, the enhances search still shows a January date on the list, instead of  Enhanced Search Widget Version 1.3.0.2 - 2/24/16

just an FYI.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rebecca,

Currently it is a manual update so thanks for the reminder.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Thanks Robert.  I use this post to double check that I've caught your updates for the resource list (in case the email gets past me).   

0 Kudos