ClipLayer - The toolbox file was not found (ArcGIS Pro 2.9.0)

Jump to solution
12-20-2021 07:51 AM
ArchanaKC
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to access the ClipLayer (Geoanalytics) tool using arcpy in my script to extract vector layers (polygons) that overlays grids (one by one) and save them as a new .shp. But I am getting the following error :

OSError: The toolbox file https://geoanalytics.arcgis.com/arcgis;services/GeoAnalyticsTools;UseSSOIdentityIfPortalOwned was not found.

Failed to execute (ClipLayer).

I checked the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcToolBox\toolboxes\GeoAnalytics Tools.tbx\ClipLayer.tool folder and content file, link file, resource script are available and I can run the tool successfully within ArcGIS Pro but since I have thousands of grids it is impossible to do it mnually.

Any help or way around would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you use Pairwise Clip (Analysis) instead? Check the Python code sample in the link.

Think Location

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ArchanaKC
New Contributor II

Thank you so much. Yes, I used it, and it's working fine.

Many thanks for your time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

server or desktop?  Your license level and is it enabled for you?

GeoAnalytics Server toolbox licensing—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

GeoAnalytics Desktop toolbox licensing—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ArchanaKC
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply. It's on desktop, I have an advanced license and the clipLayers is added. I can run it within ArcGIS Pro 2.9.0 toolbox and run it but could not get any success with arcpy.

For now, I used PairwiseClip(Analysis ) as suggested by Mr. Jayanta Poddar below and it works.

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you use Pairwise Clip (Analysis) instead? Check the Python code sample in the link.

Think Location
0 Kudos
ArchanaKC
New Contributor II

Thank you so much. Yes, I used it, and it's working fine.

Many thanks for your time.

0 Kudos