Related Tables

12-18-2019 10:56 AM
MichelleDuncan2
New Contributor III

Is there a way to view related tables/info in Workforce?  I can see the table in the AGOL Dispatcher/Worker maps but I don't see the table when viewing the map through the Workforce web/mobile app.

Thanks,
Michelle

Tags (2)
12 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Michelle,

This is not currently supported.

It will be supported in the next release in the Workforce mobile app; but we don't have any plans to add it to the web app.

Craig

0 Kudos
MichelleDuncan2
New Contributor III

That's unfortunate since some of our users/dispatchers are only using this Workforce platform for their GIS needs. These people are not GIS savvy and asking them to go to other platforms is frustrating to them and not an option.

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michelle,

Can you go into some detail on the use case for a Dispatcher to be able to view the related records for features within the web app?  This isn't a request we've really heard much demand for, understanding why your dispatchers need it will help with this.

Craig

0 Kudos
MichelleDuncan2
New Contributor III

Our Gas/Light meters, transformers, etc all have related tables for each individual unit. For example, a meter setting (geographic location) with a meter unit related to that location. For apt complexes there can be quite a few meters related to that one point. In order to see what meter is there they have to go to another web map or desktop to see where to place the Workforce assignment. The field crews also have to switch to Collector to see the meter unit info. It would be much easier to have all that info in one platform, the Workforce desktop/mobile app. 

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Michelle,

For Workforce mobile, we'll be launching the Beta for the new Workforce release tomorrow.  It will include support for related tables in the mobile app.  Would love to hear if it meets your needs.

For the Workforce web app, is it correct that, the reason the Dispatcher needs to see what meter is there is so they can create an assignment referencing that meter information?

Craig

MichelleDuncan2
New Contributor III

Yes the individual meter serial #, manufacturer, size, meter read, install date, location or apt #, etc will be in the related meter unit table.

KellyArmstrong
Occasional Contributor II

Craig,

Workforce has one MAJOR downfall, related to related tables:

As a city, we store all of our maintenance / inspection / service data in a feature's related table.

It's more than frustrating that there is no way to point Workforce to save all of this assignment/maintenance/service data in the related tables.  It just creates another feature service with all the data.  We already have a feature service, which we used to create the assignments - by selecting the features.  Why would we need another one?

0 Kudos
TimFlynn
New Contributor III

I'd also like to see this capability implemented.  I'm currently working on a storage tank inspection workflow.  Currently, I've created a web app with Web App Builder where a field worker can tap on a storage tank point and then there are 3-6 different inspections that are linked.  The inspections are performed with Survey123 and that data is written into related tables.  Different inspections are performed monthly, quarterly, or annually.  Currently, there's no way for me to symbolize if a tank needs to be inspected without having the user also update a field in the tank location layer.  If I could use workforce to create work orders for inspections that are coming due, that would be great.

0 Kudos
MDuncan
New Contributor II

Did this ever get implemented? I'm not seeing this function in either of the workforce mobile apps?