Select to view content in your preferred language

Allow zoom above max level of details ?

04-15-2022 05:57 AM
devmap125
New Contributor

Hi ESRI community,

I have a simple problem I believe,  in a basic map setup, I can add a layer like this

map = new Map({basemap: "topo-vector" });

new MapView({ map: map,....});

map.add(new ImageryTileLayer({url:".../Terrain3D/ImageServer"}));

but when I zoom too much in the layers disapears,

my question:

how can I force the display of last available Level Of detail ? to be clear, I don't want to limit the mapzoom to the max layer's LOD, I want to zoom as much as possible even if pixelated 

in advance for your help a big thx !

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MarkW
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello,

You should be able to update the max and min scale so that the layer does not disappear at different levels of zoom. Here is the documentaion: https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/api-reference/esri-layers-ImageryTileLayer.html#maxS....

I hope this helps.

Mark W
0 Kudos
devmap125
New Contributor

hello thank you for yuour answer but I have been through that already,

, as you can read in the link you mention ,

maxScale:  If the map is zoomed in beyond this scale, the layer will not be visible

if you have other suggestionI'm still looking

0 Kudos
MarkW
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Oh ok, do you mind sharing your layer so I can do some troubleshooting with it?

Thanks

Mark W
0 Kudos
devmap126
New Contributor

yes of course, it's this one :  

https://elevation3d.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/WorldElevation3D/Terrain3D/ImageServer

I use it in combination with a RasterShadedReliefRenderer to colorize the map elevation with the colorRamp

devmap126_0-1650439634369.png

It works like a charm from a far, but it's very frustrating when I zoom too much in I loose the colored layer, I made this tool to find new spots to pratice my sport, but from so far it's useless sadly ...

With https://elevation3d.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/Elevation/World_Hillshade/MapServer (TileLayer)  I can zoom how much I want ... but not use RasterShadedReliefRenderer  and ColorRamps

0 Kudos
devmap126
New Contributor

any one ? 🙂 @MarkW 

0 Kudos
MarkW
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Unfortunately this appears to be a bug right now, I have reported it so hopefully it gets addressed soon. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will let you know if I discover anything else.

Mark W
0 Kudos
devmap126
New Contributor

@MarkW Oh shout ! I've been battling with this for a while, I even had posted an other question few month ago about it with no answer. Any idea If I can reverse engeneer the JS and just trig an event to un hide the layer from the console manualy ?

0 Kudos
UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

This is not a bug! The API working as designed. ImageryTilelayer does a raster level overzoom not a tile based over zooms. It will over zoom the data from the last available LOD. There is no data for areas such as Tibet at the last available LOD. So when we over zoom, we don't show data since there is no data available at the last available LOD. We can add a boolean flag to resample tiles from its last available LOD. However, in this case the result will be incorrect completely. 

-Undral

0 Kudos
MarkW
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Oh ok, thank you for letting us know! So it is simply working as designed.

Mark W
0 Kudos