Select to view content in your preferred language

Allow zoom above max level of details ?

04-15-2022 05:57 AM
devmap125
New Contributor

Hi ESRI community,

I have a simple problem I believe,  in a basic map setup, I can add a layer like this

map = new Map({basemap: "topo-vector" });

new MapView({ map: map,....});

map.add(new ImageryTileLayer({url:".../Terrain3D/ImageServer"}));

but when I zoom too much in the layers disapears,

my question:

how can I force the display of last available Level Of detail ? to be clear, I don't want to limit the mapzoom to the max layer's LOD, I want to zoom as much as possible even if pixelated 

in advance for your help a big thx !

0 Kudos
11 Replies
devmap126
New Contributor

wow thruough answer thank you s much. Well then yes the option would be great. 

Meanwhile what would you say is my solution to keeo dsiaplying the layer ? 

is there some trick / fucntion call I can make from the console that's force things ?

ore ue some other kind of layer ? 

0 Kudos
UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Adding more information for my previous comment.

ImageryTileLayer internally uses raster information model, which supports NoData pixels. When a pixel or tile is missing or has a nodata mask, it's required to honor it as NoData. The raster has a resolution (corresponds to finest LOD), and uppersampling happens beyond that --- that's the "overzoom" you can see. This design is consistent with ArcGIS Pro, and consistent with ImageryLayer (if the same elevation cache dataset is published as a dynamic image service) --- when using world elevation 3D service for display. The primary purpose of World elevation3D service is still providing elevation for 3D.

In future, we can look into adding some special logic/flags to handle this in the JS API.

0 Kudos