ArcGIS map doesn't work correctly with synced slicers

11-19-2021 12:01 AM
Marc_
by
New Contributor II

I have created a Power BI report that demonstrates my problem:

• Table "Map points" with 2 records (fields: Point, Latitude and Longitude).
  • Page "Slicer" with a slicer that is connected to this table. Choices are A or B (pointing to one of the 2 locations).
  • Page "Maps" that contains:
    • Slicer connected to the "location" table. This slicer is synced with the slicer on page "Slicer".
    • Bing Map.
    • ArcGIS Map.

If you select a location in the Maps page then both maps are correctly updated to that new location. If however you change the location on the Slicer page, then only the Bing map is updated.

I have attached the PBIX file containing this described scenario.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Marc,

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe we have addressed this issue in a release that we are handing to Microsoft today. It should hit production in 10-14 days.

Thank you for providing the pbix file too... we'll test and confirm!

Andrew 

0 Kudos
Marc_
by
New Contributor II

Hi Andrew,

It seems like the problem still exists. Any news about this?

Or maybe the visual isn't updated automatically? If so, how do I do that?

NB: I'm currently use version 2021.2.95.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Marc_ 

We had some difficulty reproducing this, but finally got a few cases and are going through them. Unfortunately it looks like there is a condition where this still occurs and we'll have to get the fix in another update. 

In our release testing we didn't see this, so it took a while to find the exact repro cases. We will use the file provided in our testing the next update to make sure your use case is covered. No ETA on when, but it sounds like we missed 2 issues that we really need to get fixed soon. 

As always, feel free to message me directly if you have any additional concerns.

Thank you,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Marc_
by
New Contributor II

Hi @Anonymous User,

Do you have an update on this issue?

For now I've instructed my users a work-around (clicking on white space in an other visual triggers the cart update), but it would be nice if that would be necessary anymore :).

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have a fix for this that is being tested this week and should go out to Microsoft at the end of the week. This would go to production after Feb 9th.

0 Kudos
Marc_
by
New Contributor II

The problem is still there. I'm using version 2022.1.98 which should be the latest.

0 Kudos
Marc_
by
New Contributor II

Any update on my issue?

0 Kudos
Marc_
by
New Contributor II

Any update on this issue, which still exists in current version (2022.1.98)?

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@Marc_  - Hello there! My name is Anthony and I am a product engineer on the ArcGIS for Power BI visual. I was looking over this issue and I would like to help out if I can!

Thank you for providing some sample data to reproduce this issue. As I looked over the workflow, it appears that this specific workflow is not yet supported in our visual. Currently, filtering in our map can only be done on the same page as the visual. 

This is highly requested action in our visual. In Power BI, it is common to slice and filter data across all pages of a report and so our visual should respond the same way! This would be a good addition to our ideas page so we can review it with out group and plan it out. 

If you have other ideas of what you'd like to see added, feel free to post them here: 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-for-power-bi-ideas/idb-p/arcgis-for-power-bi-ideas