Select to view content in your preferred language

Add Text/Annotation functionality to the ArcGIS Experience Builder 'Draw' widget

05-15-2024 07:04 AM
Labels (2)
PriscillaThoopthong
New Contributor III

The WAB draw widget had a Text tool that allowed users to add text anywhere on the map.  EB draw tool does not have this functionality

5 Comments
Shauna-RaeBrown

My users EXPECT to be able to add text with the draw widget.  Additionally, for ease of updating the "experience" app, we can't use developer/custom widgets.

JeffreyThompson2

The product team is working on it. For those who can't wait, here is a custom draw widget with a text option.

JeffPace1

This is pretty much required functionality.

DanCopKac

Adding another upvote, that my whole organization, a major North American Railway company, needs this feature. And also, while we're in this discussion, a customizable scale bar, and option to add multiple scale bars even, all of which were available in WAB. 

In the meantime, I've found a workaround within the Draw widget, that is being circulated in my organization and the staff are using this method right now to markup their drawings to other non-GIS departments being introduced to Esri ArcGIS. It even supports Bold font and different sizes! Workaround shown in the screenshot example:

Text in Draw Widget.PNG

DavidColey

Hear Hear.  Yeah, we really need this . . .