11.2 upgrade instant apps config won't come up

04-01-2024 12:39 PM
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hello - I just upgraded to 11.2 from 11.1 and now my Instant apps configuration page will not display instant app choices.  What can I do? 

My existing sidebar apps configured at 11.1 will not display the sidebar info panel and I cannot update them. The configuration choice from the app overview page just spins?

Any of you guys have any suggestions:

@MarceloMarques 

@JonEmch 

@Scott_Tansley 

@JakeSkinner 

@jcarlson 

Thanks-

David

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Scott_Tansley
MVP Regular Contributor

Have you tried using inprivate mode for your browser.  Sounds, at first pass, like a caching issue.

Scott Tansley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotttansley/
0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I run in Chrome incognito mode so often I never even checked

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Here is the dev console from Chrome:

InstantAppConnectFail112.png

The Chrome console error says it can't find the Instant App Data from here:

webpack://instant-app-landing/src/app/data/AppTypeInfo/AppTypeInfoViewModel.ts

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

the console log show lots of 'failed to load resource' . . . 

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

In an earlier upgrade, I had added the following to the 

D:\arcgisportal\db\pg_hba.conf file:

*Added a config setting to D:\arcgisportal\db\pg_hba.conf file:

# TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD

host    all                            all            ::1/128                 scram-sha-256

I did not add this param to the pg_hba file when going from 11.1 to 11.2

Could that be it?

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately I can't recall why I added that param in the first place, or when.  Feels like maybe I added it going from 10.9.1 to 11.0

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Here is something I found for a related Online version of something similar that @KellyHutchins noted

Instant App configure page will not open - Esri Community

but not quite.  It's not the Instant App page won't open, its that Portal 11.2 can't find the Instant App data per my Console log screen grab I posted above.  

Anyone?

0 Kudos
Scott_Tansley
MVP Regular Contributor

Sorry I've been in meetings all morning and struggling to catch up on project work.  Is there any information in the network tab of developer tools, that suggests a resource is not loading or 404, 5xx errors etc.  If you use InPrivate mode all the time, then it may not offer the normal value.  What happens if you use Edge (or another) using the InPrivate mode?  

Scott Tansley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotttansley/
0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

No problem.  If you look at my earlier reply with the dev console image, you will see that the Chrome console error says it can't find the Instant App Data from here:

webpack://instant-app-landing/src/app/data/AppTypeInfo/AppTypeInfoViewModel.ts

I have tried in Edge, both in-private and standard, and in Chrome both incognito and standard.

I've got a case in with esri, but yes there are lots of 404s, mostly with Calcite components:

..../apps/instant/node_modules/@esri/calcite-components/dist/calcite/p-f4be18ed.js

0 Kudos