Unable to create project In Workforce

12-18-2018 12:24 PM
VincentRobinson
New Contributor III

I'm currently unable to create a project in Workforce , the process usually stop at 22% and reads one of the two following messages.

1.Unable to create projects :

Read timed out

2.Unable to create projects :

Access to admin resources are not allowed, Ownership needed for 'AddtoDefinition' with table

If someone can help me with this I will be forever grateful.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Vincent, are you using Online or Enterprise?  If Enterprise, what release?

Craig

0 Kudos
VincentRobinson
New Contributor III

Enterprise 10.6

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Vincent,

I believe you're running into a known issue that we've seen with 10.6 Enterprise.  A couple workarounds for this:

Configure your system services to have a min of 1 SOC

- Try creating a second Workforce Project, which should succeed.

If these don't work - I'd suggest contacting Technical Support to help you troubleshoot this issue.

Craig

VincentRobinson
New Contributor III

Thanks For your quick response Craig,

Were going try what you suggested.

0 Kudos
MariaAndreoudi
New Contributor III

I have the same problem. I am running Enterprise 10.7. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Maria,

Have you tried either of the workarounds I suggested?

Configure your system services to have a min of 1 SOC

- Try creating a second Workforce Project, which should succeed.

If neither works, the best way to troubleshoot this is to contact Technical Support.

Craig

0 Kudos
MariaAndreoudi
New Contributor III

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, we tried that you suggested but it didn’t help. We contacted the technical support on this.

Another question that you might be able to help us with is logging in on the workforce mobile app with Enterprise credentials. That doesn’t work either.

When we write our portals url we get the following message that says that it is not possible to connect to the portal. Are these two issues related?

Med vänliga hälsningar

Maria

Maria Andreoudi

GIS-ingenjör

tfn. 0480-45 04 74

Maria.Andreoudi@kalmar.se<mailto:Maria.Andreoudi@kalmar.se>

Kalmar kommun | Samhällsbyggnadskontoret

Box 611 | 391 26 Kalmar

www.kalmar.se<http://www.kalmar.se/>

Från: Craig Gillgrass <geonet@esri.com>

Skickat: den 25 maj 2020 15:02

Till: Maria Andreoudi <Maria.Andreoudi@kalmar.se>

Ämne: Re: - Re: Unable to create project In Workforce

GeoNet, The Esri Community | GIS and Geospatial Professional Community <https://community.esri.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: Unable to create project In Workforce

reply from Craig Gillgrass<https://community.esri.com/people/cgillgrass-esristaff?et=watches.email.thread> in Workforce for ArcGIS - View the full discussion<https://community.esri.com/message/930958-re-unable-to-create-project-in-workforce?commentID=930958&et=watches.email.thread#comment-930958>

0 Kudos
Henry
by
Occasional Contributor II

Having a very similar problem, running ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1

When trying to create a project the bar freezes at 22% for a good 30 seconds to a minute and then I'm hit with this error, "rejected due to a server error"

I have increased several services to run with a minimum of 1 instance and unfortunately it didn't work, but it did create a Folder, Group and a series of Hosted Feature Layers in my Content.

However the Project itself doesn't exist.

Digging through the Logs in ArcGIS Server Manager - can't quite tell what is tripping up the Workforce Project creation. Nothing at the Severe or Warning level, at Info it mentions many requests to Service: System/PublishingToolsEx/GPServer

Any ideas or suggestions would be very welcome! This could be a really handy tool for our organization.

Henry
0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Henry,

Does it success when you create a second project?  This was due to a known issue with 10.7.1; creating multiple projects should work.

Craig

0 Kudos