Roberts Custom WAB Widgets

12-31-2014 11:28 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
475 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eggie,

Seems strange based on the code that this is an issue, but I will to do some testing today.

0 Kudos
ReginaldoPaderon
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert   ... really appreciate it 🙂

0 Kudos
SonyaRifkin
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your eSearch widgets. I'm trying to replicate an eSearch widget setup that we had in the Flex API, which enabled us to search on multiple attributes--"Search Any Attribute or Combination of:" was the prompt, and you could set search terms for multiple attributes at once. We've moved over to a JavaScript API for our WAB, and I can't seem to replicate this using your new eSearch the widget. Am I diagnosing this right? Is it possible to configure the eSearch for the JavaScript APIto search multiple attributes? This is a feature we'd really like to make available to the public.

Thank you so much!
Sonya

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sonya,

I do not recall that ability, unless you are talking about an open SQL query where you had to type the complete SQL string i.e Field1 = 'blah' AND Field2 like 'Blah%'

0 Kudos
SonyaRifkin
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

This is what I'm referring to. Am I mistaken that this is your eSearch widget for Flex? Even better, perhaps I have just been unable to configure the new WAB widget to do this, and there's a way!

Sonya

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sonya,

Sure that is the eSearch in Flex and it looks like the "Any or Combination of" is just a alias and you have multiple fields configured with an Any/OR operator. So you just add a layer and then a search expression and then add multiple "Add Expression Value" with the Any option selected:

Get features in the layer that match  "Any" of this and the preceding expression criteria

0 Kudos
SonyaRifkin
New Contributor II

Thank you, Robert! That did it!

0 Kudos
DianeWhited
New Contributor

Hey Robert,

Do you have a widget that allows people to upload a csv file with coordinates in it to create an operational layer?  I have the add shapefile widget, but I fear a lot of our end users might not have access to ESRI to create a shapefile.  Thanks for any information,

Diane

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Diane,

The addData widget in WAB 2.1 allows the user to load a csv from a url.

DianeWhited
New Contributor

Robert,

Thanks for pointing that out.  I was hoping for a direct upload from a user's desktop.  Is it common for users to upload a file to a web site for use in such tools.  If so  do you know of public sites where I could direct users to upload their csv file?

Thanks again,

Diane

0 Kudos