Roberts Custom WAB Widgets

12-31-2014 11:28 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
475 Replies
ZhujingXia
Occasional Contributor II

Robert,

I'd like this esearch widget very much. I found a bug or maybe I did something wrong. I have 2 layers used in the esearch, one is parcel layer,user need search for the parcel ID to get a result parcel, and then create buffer around the parcel, then intersect with the  2nd Criteria layer. So i did not checked the "spatial Search Layer" for the first parcel layer since I only like use to Search entities of the 2nd criteria  layer in 'by spatial' tab. Now in my 'by spatial tab, the drop down list only shows the second criteria layer, but if I click on the intersect button, it still intersect with the first parcel layer not the 2nd criteria layer. I have to click on the drop down list to choose the criteria layer and then click on the intersect button even though that is the only layer list there. Is this a bug? How could I fix it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Zhujing,

Please place question specific to a widget in that widgets thread:

Enhanced Search Widget Version 1.3.0.2 - 2/24/16

That is a bug and here is the simple fix. In the Widget.js file search for "this.selectLayerSpatial.addOption(spatialOptions);"

and add these three lines right below that line:

if(spatialOptions.length > 0){
  this.spatialLayerIndex = spatialOptions[0].value;
}
ZhujingXia
Occasional Contributor II

Yes. Robert. It worked. I have a further question will post to the widget thread. Since I only like to intersect with the criteria layer, may I not show the parcel layer as one of the tab in the result table at bottom of the map, it seems it shows the parcel layer in it anyway even I did not choose it as spatial layer.

Thanks

Zhujing

0 Kudos
JohnVarghese
New Contributor III

Robert,

I'm new to this page. I just downloaded the popup panel widget. You may have already answered this question. But do you have a help page to correctly insert that to the web app? If there is a help-page out there, it'd be nice if you can list that at the top of this page.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

John,

No there is no help doc for this widget as there nothing to really configure or really an help needed to use this widget. If you what to know how to install custom widgets then you follow the WAB Help for installing custom widgets.

Deploy custom widget and theme—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

In my live site I am using the Jewelry Box Theme and I have the popup panel in the themes side panel.

0 Kudos
AndrewLattoni1
New Contributor

Hi Robert,  I am an apprentice with my organization's GIS team.  We use a number of your apps in our WAB interface, and we are trying to understand the following:

The anticipated complexity to build an ‘in-panel’ editing tool to improve the stock AGOL tool.  Ideally this would be something similar to ‘Geoform’ as a widget in WAB, but realistically we are looking for a stable interface to add and edit features.

If you have any thoughts they would be appreciated.  Thanks for your time!

Andrew

0 Kudos
BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

Andrew,

Have you seen this Widget that Esri is working on?

solutions-webappbuilder-widgets/SmartEditor at master · Esri/solutions-webappbuilder-widgets · GitHu...

This might be the functionality that you are looking for, at least a good start in the right direction.

-----------------------------------

Brian Baldwin, Esri Inc., Lead Solution Engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/baldwinbrian
0 Kudos
BarnabyRockwell
Occasional Contributor III

Hoo boy, WAB Dev 2.0 was just released, one day after I finally went operational with my WAB 1.3 apps that use LocalLayer widget and lots of Robert's widgets.  I guess I will start testing all of the 1.3 widgets with WAB Dev 2.0 and see that happens.  I'll bet 2.0 has cool new functionality.

Edit:  My first WAB Dev 1.3 app imported in a snap and seems to work perfectly so far!!!!! 

0 Kudos
DanielChantlos1
Occasional Contributor

Robert,

I know this comment isn't regarding a widget created by you, just hoping you might be able to help us out...

What are your thoughts on the Time Slider Widget in WAB 2.0? If there was a way to stop time-enabled layers from refreshing completely at every time stamp interval (progressive), this widget would be much improved upon. For example, if I am showing points created every week, along a line, over the course of a year; I don't need every single point refreshing. It would be nice to see points added in increments without entire layer auto-refreshing.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Daniel,

I am not sure that is a possibility based on the API technology. As the timeExtent is changed for the map the layer will refresh based on the new time extent. You may want to contact esri tech support and file an enhancement request.

0 Kudos