Publish not working after fresh install

Jump to solution
01-15-2024 06:56 AM
SebastianBosbach
New Contributor III

Hi,

I set up a new arcgis enterprise 11.2 as a single machine installation, so portal, server and datastore are on the same machine.

Installation and licensing went without any problems.

After setting up everything I tryed to publish a simple shapefile with the portal.

The data is uploaded but I immediately get the Error 999999999 "Something went wrong" (yeah thanks), when the portal is trying to setup the hosted feature service.

First thing I did was checking the server log.

I get the error "Invalid url: blocked host.". I also set the log level to debug, but there is no entry which url was maybe "blocked"

Does anybody have a solution for this ot a tip to look at?

thanks, Sebastian

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Suleyman-Arslan
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I was having the same problem. In my case everything was working except publishing scene layer package. I got exactly same error  when I publish slpk.

When I ping to the host in local machine returns "::1" localhost ip. I found IPv6 was disabled on network adaptor. Enabling IPv6 solved my problem.

Hope this helps for your case also.

Thanks @JeffSmith for the clue.

ChristianStern
New Contributor III

Hi everybody,

I had exactly the same problem as reported above and could also fix it by the solution @Suleyman-Arslan pointed out and @JeffSmith gave the hint to. Thank you!

Best wishes

Christian

0 Kudos
RishitaPokhriyal
Esri Contributor

Hello Everyone, 

The error message has been observed when the IPV6 configuration is disabled on the ArcGIS Enterprise machine.

Reference documentation for enabling IPV6:

Once the IPv6 configuration is enabled on the ArcGIS Enterprise machine then you should be good to go with the Error 999999999  "Invalid url: blocked host."

CC: 

@AmandaDeMedeiros 

SebastianBosbach 

SebastianBosbach
New Contributor III

I can confirm, that after enabling IPV6, the publishing in the portal is working as expected.

0 Kudos
JeffSmith
Esri Contributor

I wanted to follow-up on this based on some recent findings and because of the bug that was logged related to this issue (BUG-000164666).  This issue is caused by how Windows handles network address resolution when IPv6 is disabled on a network adaptor.  Information on this is outlined in this Windows Server KB article.

In short, when you disable IPv6 on a network adaptor, Windows still resolves the internal hostname of the server to the IPv6 localhost address (::1).  This is the source of the issue.  For security reasons, the publishing tool blocks requests to localhost and returns the 999999999 error in these scenarios.  There are 2 ways to address this:

1. As mentioned and confirmed by many, you can enable IPv6.

2. If enabling IPv6 is not an option or not desired, you can add the "DisabledComponents" registry value as outlined in the Windows Server help doc and set the value to "0x20" (technically "0xFF" works as well but is not recommended by Microsoft).  Once the server is restarted, Windows will link the internal hostname of the server to the regular IPv4 address and the publishing process will succeed.
AmandaDeMedeiros
Esri Contributor

Hey  @JeffSmith ,

Could you put option #2 in the bug workaround so other distributors can utilize this?

Thanks.

Amanda De Medeiros
Esri Canada
0 Kudos