Publish not working after fresh install

Jump to solution
01-15-2024 06:56 AM
SebastianBosbach
New Contributor III

Hi,

I set up a new arcgis enterprise 11.2 as a single machine installation, so portal, server and datastore are on the same machine.

Installation and licensing went without any problems.

After setting up everything I tryed to publish a simple shapefile with the portal.

The data is uploaded but I immediately get the Error 999999999 "Something went wrong" (yeah thanks), when the portal is trying to setup the hosted feature service.

First thing I did was checking the server log.

I get the error "Invalid url: blocked host.". I also set the log level to debug, but there is no entry which url was maybe "blocked"

Does anybody have a solution for this ot a tip to look at?

thanks, Sebastian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RishitaPokhriyal
Esri Contributor

Hello Everyone, 

The error message has been observed when the IPV6 configuration is disabled on the ArcGIS Enterprise machine.

Reference documentation for enabling IPV6:

Once the IPv6 configuration is enabled on the ArcGIS Enterprise machine then you should be good to go with the Error 999999999  "Invalid url: blocked host."

CC: 

@AmandaDeMedeiros 

SebastianBosbach 

View solution in original post

25 Replies
CodyPatterson
Occasional Contributor III

Hey @SebastianBosbach 

Just curious, have you attempted to restart the Publishing Service through the Server Manager as of yet? It may need an additional restart after being upgraded. You may also try to restart the service through task manager, and then possible the machine. I know it may seem counter-intuitive, but sometimes it works!

Let me know if that doesn't work and I can continue to try and help!

Cody

0 Kudos
SebastianBosbach
New Contributor III

I restartet the whole server and did check that the publishing service ist running.

Also note, I didn't upgraded an existing server, i deployed a complettly fresh installation n a new server.

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Occasional Contributor III

Hey @SebastianBosbach

Sorry about missing that where you mentioned this was a new installation, I've had similar issues after an upgrade so I thought that'd relate!

I checked out your config file from another reply you made, I was curious if your Server is accessible through https://gisserver.domain.com:6443/arcgis/admin as Amanda had mentioned. If that is the case, I would try to access all URLs via the FQDN that is listed through Private-Portal, and other links including the DataStore. I assume there may be a certificate that is failing to validate, possibly to your DataStore that is causing your connection to fail. If there is even one certificate that is still requesting to be allowed, the whole operation can go to a standstill.

I was also curious if you've tried creating or uploading other items, including Feature Layers and views?

Cody

0 Kudos
AmandaDeMedeiros
Esri Contributor

Cody is thinking the same thing I am. If something is off on the certificates it creates issues. 

Amanda De Medeiros
Esri Canada
0 Kudos
AmandaDeMedeiros
Esri Contributor

I would be interested in seeing your federation page. 

Located in the Server Admin Directory

The Administrator Directory is typically available at https://gisserver.domain.com:6443/arcgis/admin.

or remove the port 6443 for the webadaptor

The Administrator Directory is typically available at https://gisserver.domain.com/webadaptorname/admin .

Home >security > Config > the portal property box

Amanda De Medeiros
Esri Canada
0 Kudos
SebastianBosbach
New Contributor III

For me the configuration looks fine, see my attached screenshot.

0 Kudos
AmandaDeMedeiros
Esri Contributor

The configuration is fine. As your error "Invalid url: blocked host." indicates a URL issue, I wanted to see if there were any URL problems. 

Your issues can come from many things including firewall restrictions, security policies, browser limitations, the portal proxy denying the communication, or SSL certificate errors.

Amanda De Medeiros
Esri Canada
0 Kudos
SebastianBosbach
New Contributor III

- No proxy.

- VPN is also not the problem, I get the same error on the machine itself.

- certificates are installed in portal and server. Both are working fine with https

- no firewall between me and the server. I can also connect to the admin interface on 6443 from my machine.

PS: the sample city service works in my portal. So requesting stuff from the gis server seems to work....

0 Kudos
AmandaDeMedeiros
Esri Contributor

does that cert warning show up on any of the URLs? 

• Portal on webadaptor
  • Portal on port 7443
  • Server on Webadaptor
  • Server on port 6443

I'm very interested in your certificate. Can you show me the cert's Detail page? Is it a domain, CA cert? Did you import the root and (if applicable) chain of intermediate certs?

Amanda De Medeiros
Esri Canada
0 Kudos