Time series with IDW changing with the time

06-22-2017 11:16 PM
IsmaelAbdulrahman
New Contributor II

Dear All,

I have a set of time-varying geographic data. I successfully used the time series tool but that is only for the symbology visualization. I want to do the same analysis but with visualizing the data as IDW layers changing with the time. Any idea?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IsmaelAbdulrahman
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan for the reply. This apparently is only for version 10.5. I just checked it on 10.4 but there's nothing called "Never show wireframe." as came in the link. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You can toggle between versions on the 10.5 (most recent link) near the top of the page

Here is the direct link FYI

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.4/manage-data/raster-and-images/displaying-a-time-series-rast...

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You could also consider (if you have access to a Standard or Advance desktop license) the use of a raster mosaic dataset (see: What is a mosaic dataset?—Help | ArcGIS Desktop ). The footprint "featureclass" in the mosaic dataset that references the rasters can be modified adding a single or from and to date fields. After this you can define the layer as time aware and even publish it a image service (if you have Enterprise with the ArcGIS Image Server role or the Image Server extension for previous versions).

Raster Mosaic datasets are more efficient than raster catalogs and provide a lot of benefits like for instance applying raster functions (see What are the functions used by a raster or mosaic dataset?—Help | ArcGIS Desktop )

IsmaelAbdulrahman
New Contributor II

Thank you guys, greatly appreciate your help.

0 Kudos