Select to view content in your preferred language

Comparing points through a scatterplot

10-30-2021 05:24 AM
JMik
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have two features I want to compare by making a scatterplot to show the relationship between them. One is a set of ground truth waypoints of trees and another are points that I classified through image processing and converted to waypoints. I would like to see if there is a relationship between the two of them but am having troubling figuring out how to do so. 

I attached a screenshot of my situation...the yellow points are ground truths and the green are what I produced. I would like to see how closely related (spatially) the two are to each other. Any workflows on how to do this are greatly appreciated!

ArcPro Help.jpg

Ideally, I would like to produce something like this...with each axis representing the two waypoints I have.

Esri help 2.jpg

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Any chance that you have a common identifying key that allows you to associate the green points with their respective yellow point?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JMik
by
Emerging Contributor

No key since the green points were produced separately from the yellow ground truths. And the green points out number the yellow ones as well. 

I feel like I should be able to still compare them though…either by converting to raster or somehow in vector format but everything I’ve tried so far hasn’t worked. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

you can plot X, vs Y coordinates of both sets using a separate color for each.

the problem is that along the X-Y graph you can't confirm that a yellow point plotted in a cluster of green points around it is representing the same-ish spatial location.  If you had a "key" field, like an ID field then you could make that conclusion

... sort of retired...
JMik
by
Emerging Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if I can come up with something based on that. 

0 Kudos