Comparing points through a scatterplot

10-30-2021 05:24 AM
JMik
by
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I have two features I want to compare by making a scatterplot to show the relationship between them. One is a set of ground truth waypoints of trees and another are points that I classified through image processing and converted to waypoints. I would like to see if there is a relationship between the two of them but am having troubling figuring out how to do so. 

I attached a screenshot of my situation...the yellow points are ground truths and the green are what I produced. I would like to see how closely related (spatially) the two are to each other. Any workflows on how to do this are greatly appreciated!

ArcPro Help.jpg

Ideally, I would like to produce something like this...with each axis representing the two waypoints I have.

Esri help 2.jpg

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Any chance that you have a common identifying key that allows you to associate the green points with their respective yellow point?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JMik
by
New Contributor II

No key since the green points were produced separately from the yellow ground truths. And the green points out number the yellow ones as well. 

I feel like I should be able to still compare them though…either by converting to raster or somehow in vector format but everything I’ve tried so far hasn’t worked. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

you can plot X, vs Y coordinates of both sets using a separate color for each.

the problem is that along the X-Y graph you can't confirm that a yellow point plotted in a cluster of green points around it is representing the same-ish spatial location.  If you had a "key" field, like an ID field then you could make that conclusion

... sort of retired...
JMik
by
New Contributor II

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if I can come up with something based on that. 

0 Kudos