How to implement a MultiSpeak interface?

Jump to solution
05-09-2018 12:10 PM
Gerald_ZBray
New Contributor III

We are a small Electric Distribution cooperative.  We have the ESRI Small Utility ELA.  We have an enterprise geodatabase running on SQL server.  We are running the ESRI GeoEvent Processor to create a simple AVL by processing GPS data from cellular routers in our trucks.  What we would like to be able to do is via a MultiSpeak interface pass the Vehicle Location information to different systems.  My question is, Is it possible to implement a MultiSpeak interface with ESRI products without having to do a lot of development?

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gerald_ZBray
New Contributor III

We were able to get this working.  However, it did require us to do some development.  This did prove to be fairly simple.  We are a member of Multispeak as a cooperative, so we had access to the programming templates.  A developer from our state wide organization NCEMC was able to take that and create a simple client application that we could use to call a stored procedure, I wrote, in our GeoDatabase to get the list of truck and send it to the server side of the interface on our Milsoft server.  We fire the client side application from a SQL Agent job on our database server every 15 seconds.  We had to use the SQL Agent as I could not figure out how to get Microsoft Task Scheduler to fire that often.

If you would like to discuss this further off line please reply back and we can figure out how to reach each other.  Please wait until next week as we are looking at Hurricane Dorian at the moment.

Thanks, Zach Bray

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LineCrew
New Contributor II

Did you ever figure out the answer to this question? We are looking at possibly using a similar setup. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Gerald_ZBray
New Contributor III

We were able to get this working.  However, it did require us to do some development.  This did prove to be fairly simple.  We are a member of Multispeak as a cooperative, so we had access to the programming templates.  A developer from our state wide organization NCEMC was able to take that and create a simple client application that we could use to call a stored procedure, I wrote, in our GeoDatabase to get the list of truck and send it to the server side of the interface on our Milsoft server.  We fire the client side application from a SQL Agent job on our database server every 15 seconds.  We had to use the SQL Agent as I could not figure out how to get Microsoft Task Scheduler to fire that often.

If you would like to discuss this further off line please reply back and we can figure out how to reach each other.  Please wait until next week as we are looking at Hurricane Dorian at the moment.

Thanks, Zach Bray

0 Kudos
JacobHopkins
New Contributor

Gerald Z Bray I'd like to discuss further offline if you are still willing. I am also at an EMC and looking at GeoEvent Server.

0 Kudos
Gerald_ZBray
New Contributor III

Jacob,

You can email at zach.bray@aemc.coop to discuss this further.  This setup has been running without any real issues for some time now.  I will have to try and dig up the details.

Zach Bray

0 Kudos
KeithGerhartz1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Zach. I know this is kind of old but we are wanting to create an outage layer using Multispeak. Do you have any code that does this?

0 Kudos