PODS 7.0 Integration with Utility Network

Jump to solution
10-24-2022 10:11 AM
TechnoBowl72
New Contributor

Assuming PODS 7 is your authoritative data source, and you are integrating it with the UN for Gas – I see how the Centerline can replace Pipeline in the UN so your data from PODS 7.0 is used in the UN network for connectivity and all the other great features of the UN. My question here is how is the rest of your data in PODS 7.0 implemented into the UN, such as valves, or fittings so that you do not just see your Pipes in a UN environment, but you can see your network as a whole? Is it assigned in a similar way that the Centerline à Pipelines are? So, your Valves would go to Junction or Device and same with Fittings?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@TechnoBowl72 The PODS organization is yet to officially release PODS 7.0.2 with Utility Network Support. The core structure of the ArcGIS Utility Network consists of one Structure Network and one or many Domain Networks.    

Conceptually, the Utility Network implementation pattern for PODS is demonstrated as in the following example:

PODSUN
Pipe SegmentPipeline Line
Valve, CompressorPipeline Device
Coupling, WeldPipeline Junction
Pig Structure, Pump StationPipeline Assembly
Pipe Support, AnchorStructure Junction
Pipe Station, Processing Facility Structure Boundary
CasingStructure Line

This is just a high-level schematic on how PODS will support Utility Network. This implementation pattern is complementary to supporting linear referencing and/or ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing. Please review the full model documentation once PODS 7.0.2 is released. 

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@TechnoBowl72 The PODS organization is yet to officially release PODS 7.0.2 with Utility Network Support. The core structure of the ArcGIS Utility Network consists of one Structure Network and one or many Domain Networks.    

Conceptually, the Utility Network implementation pattern for PODS is demonstrated as in the following example:

PODSUN
Pipe SegmentPipeline Line
Valve, CompressorPipeline Device
Coupling, WeldPipeline Junction
Pig Structure, Pump StationPipeline Assembly
Pipe Support, AnchorStructure Junction
Pipe Station, Processing Facility Structure Boundary
CasingStructure Line

This is just a high-level schematic on how PODS will support Utility Network. This implementation pattern is complementary to supporting linear referencing and/or ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing. Please review the full model documentation once PODS 7.0.2 is released. 

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
moniquepods
New Contributor

@TechnoBowl72 are yall PODS Members?  Let me know if you are interested to get on our eNewsletters so you can hear about when we release PODS 7 with Utility Network please let me know!

0 Kudos