Select to view content in your preferred language

Workforce Worker Map Only showing Assignment and Worker layers.

11-20-2020 03:39 PM
SterlingLoetz
New Contributor III

I'm having an issue with the Workforce Mobile App only showing the Assignments and Workers layers, and not any of our organizational asset layers. I want our inspectors to be able to see our stormwater assets in the Worker map in the mobile app as well as the their assignments. The stormwater layers consist of four rest services published from arcgis server via ArcGIS Pro to our server site. The layers are feature services with sync enabled (not sure if this matters?).

These layers are visible in both the Dispatcher Map and the Worker Map when accessing the maps through the Overview tab within My Projects. I am able to create and assign assignments from assets without any issue using the dispatcher map.

Troubleshooting I have done so far:

• 1) Downloaded the project within the mobile app for both android and iOS. (Android 11, iOS 14.1). Same issue with storm layers not appearing for both OS's.
  • Created a new project from scratch and add storm layers.
  • Added a hosted feature layer to the Worker map to see if the REST service was the issue, but hosted feature service on AGOL did not appear either.
  • Uninstalled Workforce App and restarted mobile device, reinstalled App (Android).

Also within the mobile app when I view the Legend items, under assignments there is Assigned, In Progress, Completed, and Paused. However the map only shows Assigned locations. Completed items are not shown within the map. Once an "Assigned" location is changed to "Completed" the location disappears from the map entirely. Why is this? I'm confused because the Worker map within the Workforce project shows Unassigned, Assigned, In Progress, Completed, Declined, Paused, and Canceled locations. Why are the same locations/symbology not showing in the mobile map?

Does the ability to view additional layers in the Workforce App exist? The documentation states this is possible. Is anyone else having this issue?

I attached both a screen shot of the Workforce Worker map showing storm assets as well as the Workforce mobile app map showing only assigned.

Any insight or help understanding these issues would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (1)
31 Replies
KarinaLivingston
Occasional Contributor

Hi @CraigGillgrass ,

Yes, we are using the new Workforce application and the mobile app version is 20.1.1. I am seeing the error for the worker map. I'll look into synching the data we want to show. Thank you for your quick response. 

0 Kudos
PaulStanley
New Contributor

@CraigGillgrass,

I am having a similar issue as what you are describing. I do see the warning message next to the worker map on the Overview tab, and our feature classes are not showing on devices for the field crews.

From what I've seen, you either need to 1)make it versioned, or 2)enable archiving and add a GlobalID field.

In our case, we tried the second method of adding the GUID field and enabling archiving. The feature classes from which we are publishing the maps are in an SDE .gdb. When the daily script updates the .gdb, that creates a schema issue error message. Is there a way around this? We only need these to be read-only style layers as the field crews only edit the Assignments layer.

Paul

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@PaulStanley I believe this topic has what you'll need to enable the layers for Offline use:
https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/publish-services/windows/prepare-data-for-offline-use...

Even though the field crews will not be editing the layers; they still need to enable those layers for offline use.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@KarinaLivingston let me know how this goes and if it resolves the issue.

@SterlingLoetz What happens when you try and create a Map Area, using the web app, for the Worker web map?  Are the layers included?

0 Kudos
SterlingLoetz
New Contributor III

@CraigGillgrass the offline map area creation fails. I've tried in a couple different geographic locations at various levels of detail, and all fail. There is no particular error thrown, it just shows as failed.

SterlingLoetz_0-1617828098032.png

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @SterlingLoetz , are you able to capture the network traffic, in a HAR file in Chrome for example?  That may help us to identify the issue.

Can you also invite the "craig_sp" user to the project?

0 Kudos
SterlingLoetz
New Contributor III

Hi @CraigGillgrass  I have invited you to the Storm Field Inspections group and will invite you to the workforce project next. Is there an email I can send the HAR file?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sterling - you can email ArcGISWorkforce@esri.com with the HAR file.

Craig

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@SterlingLoetz I see I've been invited to a group with Survey123 layers - but I don't see any Workforce data.

0 Kudos
SterlingLoetz
New Contributor III

Hi @CraigGillgrass  I have now added you to the workforce group. I cannot find a way to add you to the actual workforce project. I'm thinking you would have to be a member of our organization?

0 Kudos