Select to view content in your preferred language

Workforce Worker Map Only showing Assignment and Worker layers.

11-20-2020 03:39 PM
SterlingLoetz
New Contributor III

I'm having an issue with the Workforce Mobile App only showing the Assignments and Workers layers, and not any of our organizational asset layers. I want our inspectors to be able to see our stormwater assets in the Worker map in the mobile app as well as the their assignments. The stormwater layers consist of four rest services published from arcgis server via ArcGIS Pro to our server site. The layers are feature services with sync enabled (not sure if this matters?).

These layers are visible in both the Dispatcher Map and the Worker Map when accessing the maps through the Overview tab within My Projects. I am able to create and assign assignments from assets without any issue using the dispatcher map.

Troubleshooting I have done so far:

• 1) Downloaded the project within the mobile app for both android and iOS. (Android 11, iOS 14.1). Same issue with storm layers not appearing for both OS's.
  • Created a new project from scratch and add storm layers.
  • Added a hosted feature layer to the Worker map to see if the REST service was the issue, but hosted feature service on AGOL did not appear either.
  • Uninstalled Workforce App and restarted mobile device, reinstalled App (Android).

Also within the mobile app when I view the Legend items, under assignments there is Assigned, In Progress, Completed, and Paused. However the map only shows Assigned locations. Completed items are not shown within the map. Once an "Assigned" location is changed to "Completed" the location disappears from the map entirely. Why is this? I'm confused because the Worker map within the Workforce project shows Unassigned, Assigned, In Progress, Completed, Declined, Paused, and Canceled locations. Why are the same locations/symbology not showing in the mobile map?

Does the ability to view additional layers in the Workforce App exist? The documentation states this is possible. Is anyone else having this issue?

I attached both a screen shot of the Workforce Worker map showing storm assets as well as the Workforce mobile app map showing only assigned.

Any insight or help understanding these issues would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (1)
31 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @SterlingLoetz I've looked into the Map Area issue; I can repro it across other apps and in the Map Area creation dialog in Online.  It looks to be due to the Storm_Inspections layers.

Let's take this into email so we can discuss what is going on - can you email the Workforce alias - ArcGISWorkforce@esri.com?

thanks,

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@SterlingLoetz Working with the Online team, we tracked down one issue that was causing the error - it was an SSL cert issue.  That was corrected and I tried the Map Area creation again, but this time it fails to create a Replica on the Storm_Inspections_FS feature service.  I don't know why, I've reached out to the Feature Service team.

Craig

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @SterlingLoetz - after speaking with the feature service team - we'd like to get access to the server logs during the call to create the Map Area so we can try and determine why the Replica is failing.

Let's take this out of the forums and into email - can you contact me directly at cgillgrass@esri.com?

thanks, Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue, the worker map only shows the assignment and worker layers and no other layers. However, if I open the worker map in Explorer or Collector the my added layers are visible. This is going to be a huge issue as most organization's field seasons are beginning.

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Brent, can you check the Offline / sync enabled status of those layers?  You can do that on the individual layers.

Can you also check to see what is displayed on the Overview tab for the Workforce project near the Worker web map? 

Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Craig,  Yes sync had been enabled, the layers were showing in both Collector and Explorer, but not in the worker map.  I think I did isolate the issue though. Sync was enabled after adding the layer to the worker map, after removing the layer, saving the map, and then adding the layer back to the map and saving again it showed up. Is it possible there is some disconnect with adding the layer to the worker map then enabling sync? Anyhow all is good now. Thanks!

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

thanks for the update @Anonymous User - yes, this could be the issue. When the web map is saved, the Map Viewer checks the status of the layers and, if any do not have Sync enabled, it doesn't identify it as a web map that can be taken offline.  So, Workforce will treat that map differently.

Glad this solved the issue. Craig

0 Kudos
MariaAndreoudi
New Contributor III

Hi!

I have the same issue as above. I have two hosted feature layers that are sync enabled (published that way) and I want to add them on the worker’s map. When I do that, I get the warning message saying that one of my layers are not sync-enabled (although they are). When I then remove the layers from the map and save the map again, the warning message is still there. I am working on our enterprise portal version 18.0.1.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Maria, are you able to try and open the map or use the layers in Field Maps?

0 Kudos
andreoudi
New Contributor III

Hi!

I no longer have the problem I mentioned above. Workforce seems now to work with hosted feature layers.

We now have another problem. We are not interested in working with hosted feature layers or working in ArcGIS Online but we need to get Workforce to work with our feature services published from our sde database in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1.

Does workforce only work with features that are either versioned or have enable archiving activated? Ours are both versioned and have archiving enabled. Do we need to change this configuration in order to see the feature layers in the worker’s map? We are not interested in offline use since we have a internet connection when out in field.

It will be nice with some clear recommendations on how we can use Workforce in an Enterprise environment.

0 Kudos