Workforce Dispatcher Assignment/Workers List Not Loading

12-31-2018 09:35 AM
BrentKinal1
Occasional Contributor III

We are having an issue where the assignments and workers lists are not loading the in Workforce dispatcher project, also the users list dosen't populate in the workforce configure menu. I think the issue is related to the same problem mentioned in this post: Can't See Users In WorkForce Configure Tab. I am guessing it has to do with a worker from another organization that was part of the project leaving the organization and unfortunately I can not get the account reactivated to remove them from the project.  Craig Gillgrass mentioned that there is a way to remove the worker via the rest endpoint I was wondering if those instructions can be shared here.

One question with removing workers, will their completed assignments continued to be shown as "completed"?

This issue also has me a bit concerned as that this workforce project has workers from several  federal, state and local agency's and as the owner of the project we are not always aware of turnover at these partner organizations, the project going down every time a worker looses their account is going to be a major headache. Are there plans to fix this in an upcoming release?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brent

setting to the worker to null/empty for the departing worker though not ideal should probably work for us

Good to hear - let me know if you run into issues

we could probably calculate the worker name into a the notes field

That is one technique I've seen used - it could work well here.

I do continue to worry about the ramifications of workers from outside of our agency accounts getting deactivated.

Understood, we'll look at this again and see if we can reproduce the issue.

0 Kudos
BrentKinal1

Thanks for your help, minus a few hiccups Workforce has been working great. I don't know how we would have managed 100 workers from different agencies without it. Now if you could allow dispatchers or group managers to add users, and give offline abilities it will be close to perfect for us.

0 Kudos
BrentKinal1

Hi Craig Gillgrass

I am needing to revisit this again only this time it is a Dispatcher who is retiring and we need to deactivate their account. Just wondering if we should just remove them as a dispatcher for all active and completed assignments before removing them from the workforce project. Similar to removing workers?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brent,

Yes, I'd recommend removing them from all assignments (and optionally giving those assignments to another dispatcher) before removing them from the organization.

Craig

0 Kudos