Use the Workflow Manager in ArcGIS Online to manage data update

Jump to solution
06-19-2022 12:12 AM
ThamerTarabzouni
New Contributor III

Greetings all,

I would like to use the Workflow Manager in ArcGIS Online to manage data update of our assets.  Is there a ready-made workflow template that links with ArcGIS Pro to use and customize to manage this task?

Please share the link.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

@ThamerTarabzouni 

We are aiming for Q1 2023 to be in ArcGIS Online but that is subject to change. There will be announcements when it releases in the form of blogs, possibly other media as well. Your Esri account team can also keep you in the loop.

Jonathan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

Hi @ThamerTarabzouni 

Workflow Manager is not yet in ArcGIS Online. This is something on our near-term roadmap and we are currently making plans to accomplish this. 

That being said, you can certainly work with data hosted in ArcGIS Online in Workflow Manager Server (the ArcGIS Enterprise version of Workflow Manager). Workflow Manager Server also works with ArcGIS Pro. If that is something that is of interest to you, let me know and I can get you those details.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
ThamerTarabzouni
New Contributor III

Greetings Jonathan,

As per the below webinar, it's promoting the use of Workflow Manger in ArcGIS Online. You can watch also from time 21:14 and 35:23 and check what he is stating.  

Streamlining Pipeline Workflows with ArcGIS Workflow Manager - Esri Videos: GIS, Events, ArcGIS Prod...

Moreover, all posted videos according to this plan  is illustrating the how to make use of Workflow Manager from within ArcGIS Online. 

www.esri.com/training/catalog/61b8d6d03e0b1341e9ade57e/ 

Would you please explain.

0 Kudos
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

Hi @ThamerTarabzouni 

Workflow Manager is currently only in the ArcGIS Enterprise ecosystem: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/workflow/.

I took a look at the webinar you linked, I didn't see a specific reference to ArcGIS Online but I may have missed it. I'm familiar with the learning plan you linked as well and we don't mention ArcGIS Online there except to say that there are opportunities to use data from ArcGIS Online within Workflow Manager. But Workflow Manager itself requires a base Enterprise deployment to function.

We are getting there though. We've had a lot of interest to get Workflow Manager into ArcGIS Online and we certainly are listening. We're just not there yet.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
ThamerTarabzouni
New Contributor III

So it's only available to ArcGIS Enterprise Portal not ArcGIS Online.  Any time frame when it will be available in ArcGIS Online?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

@ThamerTarabzouni 

We are aiming for Q1 2023 to be in ArcGIS Online but that is subject to change. There will be announcements when it releases in the form of blogs, possibly other media as well. Your Esri account team can also keep you in the loop.

Jonathan

0 Kudos