Customize JobTemplate

06-13-2022 02:56 AM
sirishb
New Contributor III

Hi All,

ArcGIS enterprise version:  10.9.1

We are using ArcGIS Workflow Manager Server (service-driven). Is there any possibility to "Customize JobTemplate".

Requirement is to define our own fields and admin will set/update these custom fields before creating Job.

For Ex: We would like to add "Job Type" which will show a drop-down with possible values like "Field Visit" & "No Field Visit"

Please find enclosed screenshot for reference. Thanks.

JT.JPG

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

Hi @sirishb 

The best way to accomplish this will be for the admin to setup an extended properties table while they are configuring the job template with the fields and values they need. There is not a way to add or modify those existing core job template fields.

Extended (and related) properties tables though were specifically created so that users could add job specific information such as this to the job. https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/workflow/latest/help/create-extended-properties.htm

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any questions.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
jitender1977
New Contributor

Hi @JFarmer 

Same scenario for the arcgis workflow manager as @sirishb  mentioned above.....Requirement is that form to be open up when  creating job, or there should be some way that we are able to provide and validate the input values even before the job get created. If there is any such option available?

As per your reply, using "extended properties", we can only validate he values after job gets created.

0 Kudos
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

@jitender1977 @sirishb 

I'll tag you both since I'm curious about both use cases. Have some more questions here.

1. Is there a need to validate these input values as a determining factor on whether a job is created or not? Meaning, someone inputs value A and that means a job is created vs. someone inputs value B and that means a job is not created.

2. If no to above, then what are the reasons why you need to input these values before a job is created vs. having an Update Job Properties step auto run as the first step in a workflow? Trying to better understand that use case so we can sort out a way forward here.

Thanks!

Jonathan

0 Kudos
SirishByreddy
New Contributor III

@JFarmer 

Our project requirement is not validating the input values before job create (point-1) which you have mentioned.

Project requirement is to (before) create a job with user created or pre defined values and the job should be assigned to the user (field staff).

As suggested we are planning to implement 'Update Job Properties' step auto run as the first step in a workflow diagram.

Thanks

Sirish

0 Kudos
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

Thanks @SirishByreddy 

Glad to hear you have a path forward here that should work. Let me know if you run into issues with this solution.

Jonathan

0 Kudos