Utility Network from web

Jump to solution
10-23-2019 05:20 AM
YuriyLug
New Contributor II

Можно ли использовать сервиса Utility Network из другого клиента (Например из web-а(JS), не из ArcgisPro)? И если arcgis server и arcgis portal разинтегрированы, можно ли utility network использовать полноценно из web как из ArcgisPro? И еще как создавать связи (простронственные, ассосации(junction-junction) и т.д.) не из Arcgis Pro. Можете помочь?!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Yuriy Lug,

Fortunately, Google's online translator helps me to understand your Utility Network question asked in Russian language which is  -

"

Can I use the Utility Network service from another client (For example, from the web (JS), not from ArcgisPro)? And if arcgis server and arcgis portal are not integrated, is it possible to use the utility network fully from the web as from ArcgisPro? And also how to create connections (spatial, junction-junction, etc.) not from Arcgis Pro. Can you help?!

"

The answer is yes you can!

The following points need to be noted when you are trying to use or build your custom applications other than ArcGIS Pro client :

1. This capability is available within Esri Utility Network via the rest endpoints of feature service published. 

https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/services-reference/utility-network-service.htm

2. Esri is providing such capabilities through ArcGIS JavaScript SDK to the developers.
  3. You can create your own widgets or web tools using the ArcGIS JavaScript SDK

Hope this will help you.

Good luck!

Manoj

Fayaz Baig 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Yuriy Lug,

Fortunately, Google's online translator helps me to understand your Utility Network question asked in Russian language which is  -

"

Can I use the Utility Network service from another client (For example, from the web (JS), not from ArcgisPro)? And if arcgis server and arcgis portal are not integrated, is it possible to use the utility network fully from the web as from ArcgisPro? And also how to create connections (spatial, junction-junction, etc.) not from Arcgis Pro. Can you help?!

"

The answer is yes you can!

The following points need to be noted when you are trying to use or build your custom applications other than ArcGIS Pro client :

1. This capability is available within Esri Utility Network via the rest endpoints of feature service published. 

https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/services-reference/utility-network-service.htm

2. Esri is providing such capabilities through ArcGIS JavaScript SDK to the developers.
  3. You can create your own widgets or web tools using the ArcGIS JavaScript SDK

Hope this will help you.

Good luck!

Manoj

Fayaz Baig 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable
0 Kudos
YuriyLug
New Contributor II

Thank you very much for the answer! Can I ask another question ?! There is a clause in the requirements of the 'Update is Connected' function: 'This operation must be executed by the portal utility network owner'. If arcgis portal and arcgis server are disintegrated, is this possible to use?

And using the Utility Network Service how to create Geometric coincidence-base connectivity and associations.Or is it possible through another service (For example, a Feature Service).

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yuriy,

Your second question -

"And using the Utility Network Service how to create Geometric coincidence-base connectivity and associations.Or is it possible through another service (For example, a Feature Service)."

I believe you can't, the current release of UN service supports following operations -

Disable Subnetwork Controller, 

Disable Topology,

Enable Subnetwork Controller,

Enable Topology, 

Export Subnetwork, 

Query Network Moments, 

Synthesize Association Geometries, 

Trace, 

Update Is Connected, 

Update Subnetwork, 

Validate Network Topology

You can represent  the available association at your client /web map using  the Synthesize Association Geometries

Regards,

Manoj

Fayaz BaigRavi Dhulipudi

RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

Features and associations are created using the ApplyEdits call on the Feature Service.  Associations are just edits to the associations table.  After edits are made, you use the Validate Network Topology call on the Utility Network Service to update the network topology.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rich,

I am struggling to find  "ApplyEdits" related document (online), could you please direct me right resource page? 

If you could send me the sample code snippet for this that will be great  help me!

Manoj

0 Kudos
RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Manoj,

Apply Edits is documented here.

Unfortunately, I'm not much of a web developer, so I'm not the right person to provide a JavaScript code sample beyond what is included in the API reference.  I would recommend doing a similar edit in ArcGIS Pro, and use Fiddler to see the REST call that is generated for that edit.

I hope this helps,

--Rich

by Anonymous User
Not applicable
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Yuriy,

You can't. For utility networks, your ArcGIS Server site must be federated with Portal for ArcGIS.

Create a utility network—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Is it helpful for you?

Manoj

Fayaz BaigRavi Dhulipudi