Unable to Apply Asset Package for Naperville

10-16-2019 10:26 PM
WillBooth1
New Contributor III

I have been trying to load Naperville into a SQL Enterprise Geodatabase via Apply Asset Package, runs to completion except when I choose to Load, then it just finishes quietly before it should (but starts Failed Today at ... why is it always today?;). 

Python window was set up prior like ...

untools.logger.setLevel("DEBUG")
arcpy.env.parallelProcessingFactor=1

Debug looks like ...

Running script AssetPackageToUtilityNetwork...
2019-10-17 13:45:19 ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2.19948
2019-10-17 13:45:19 untools 2.4.2
2019-10-17 13:45:19 Executing from ArcGIS Pro, 2 map(s), activeMap = False
2019-10-17 13:45:19 Parallel processing enabled: 3
2019-10-17 13:45:19 ****PARAMETERS****
2019-10-17 13:45:19 {'Asset Package': 'D:\\TempPath\\Electric_AssetPackage.gdb', 'Domain Networks to apply': ['Electric'], 'Input Utility Network': 'C:\\Users\\dataload\\Documents\\ArcGIS\\Projects\\Demo_Naperville\\sde-dev.gis.energyqonline.com.au DEMO_NAPERVILLE as UNOwner (4).sde\\DEMO_NAPERVILLE.UNOWNER.Electric\\DEMO_NAPERVILLE.UNOWNER.UtilityNetwork', 'Load data': True, 'Calculate Spatial Index and Analyze': True, 'Output Utility Network': None, 'Configuration options': [], 'Rename using': None}
2019-10-17 13:45:19 untools.gptools.tools.AssetPackageToUtilityNetwork.run(asset_package='D:\\TempPath\\Electric_AssetPackage.gdb',
utility_network='C:\\Users\\dataload\\Documents\\ArcGIS\\Projects\\Demo_Naperville\\sde-dev.gis.energyqonline.com.au DEMO_NAPERVILLE as UNOwner (4).sde\\DEMO_NAPERVILLE.UNOWNER.Electric\\DEMO_NAPERVILLE.UNOWNER.UtilityNetwork',
networks=['Electric'],
load=True,
calculate_analyze=True,
configurations=[],
rename_field=None)
2019-10-17 13:45:19
Asset Package schema version: 2.4

... and so on until ...

2019-10-17 13:59:56 ...SetSubnetworkDefinition (13/26)
2019-10-17 14:01:21 Start Time: Thursday, October 17, 2019 2:00:19 PM
Succeeded at Thursday, October 17, 2019 2:00:57 PM (Elapsed Time: 38.03 seconds)
2019-10-17 14:01:21 Append (5/13)
2019-10-17 14:01:21 Starting 3 processes for Append
Succeeded at Thursday, October 17, 2019 2:01:24 PM (Elapsed Time: 16 minutes 6 seconds)

There are no doubt some really useful files created like logs, and maybe copies of .py files which I could look at to see  what is supposed to happen after "Starting 3 processes for Append", I just don't know where to look for them.

Also if I set arcpy.env.parallelProcessingFactor=1 why at the end of the Debug does it say 'Starting 3 processes' ?

Cheers

Will

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Will,

Unfortunately, I was stuck in different issues and could not able to look into your problem of applying asset package.

I am a bit surprised by the log message - 2019-10-17 14:01:21 Append (5/13).

As per the Apply Asset Package workflow, the Append will be called 8 times. 

So I doubt the asset package you are applying. Can you please do the following?

• Delete the project package - "Electric Utility Network Foundation v3.2" from your Portal.

• Deploy the project - "Electric Utility Network Foundation v3.2" using ArcGIS Pro. 

• Take the back up of all your previous downloaded project packages as -

• Once you sure all packages back up have been taken, delete the UN project packages from the folder.

• Now once again Open the project - "Electric Utility Network Foundation v3.2" using ArcGIS Pro. 

• Save the Project after opening in ArcGIS Pro.

• Now you can see the new asset package downloaded from your Portal in the folder -

• Now you can use the above-highlighted asset package with Naperville sample data  

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Good luck! See you on Monday ...

Manoj

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will Booth, hope this will help you.

Manoj

0 Kudos
WillBooth1
New Contributor III

This was a while ago now, and Manoj's hints on where to find things for those new to using Apply Asset Package are helpful.  In my case Append was failing due to the detection of a schema difference between the File Geodatabase where the Naperville features were being copied from and the enterprise geodatabase that they needed to be copied to. So to get this working I manually ran the Append tool for each feature class with 'Use the field map to reconcile schema differences' (even though I did not need to change the field mapping), but if you are doing this remember to go to the Environments tab and turn on 'Preserve Global IDs', or you will get errors later.

As mentioned elsewhere using the following in the Analysis > Python window before running Apply Asset Package is helpful:

import untools

untools.logger.setLevel("DEBUG")

arcpy.env.parallelProcessingFactor=1

However if you are using ArcGIS Pro 2.5 beta using View Details while a tool is running can cause ArcGIS Pro to crash.  If installing untools it seems best to do this via Python Command Prompt > conda install -c solutionsdev/label/pro2.5 untools

The reason why I am mentioning this here is that there is new in Utility Network Package Tools (at 2.5) > Conversion > Asset Package to Script which in the workspace creates python scripts which looks like what Apply Asset Package will do, but I imagine you can edit or reuse (part of) this to rerun part of the process, which could have saved me a lot of time.

0 Kudos