Failed to Load System Tools -- Pro 2.8

Jump to solution
07-19-2021 04:20 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recently upgraded from Pro 2.7.2 to Pro 2.8.1.

After cloning my environment and installing the untools 2.8.1 I get the error the attached error. This error also arises with the latest release of dltsolutions.

I've tried the following via the Python Command Prompt.

-Creating a new conda env. in a new location to ensure the initial install was correct.

-Removed 2.8.1 and installed 2.7.0

Also, according to this article my proenv may be messed up however I don't see this file in the location the article suggests.

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000022262

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

I have also experienced this at 2.8.1. I had to downgrade to 2.8.0 in order to get the untools to work. Very annoying.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
VickyWang
Esri Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User , 

I have similar issue but not sure if that is same as yours. I found all the gp tool is not able to perform when I install ArcGIS Pro 2.6.5 upgrade to 2.7.. before upgrade to 2.7 that I've also installed the FME. 

When I found my all gp tools are not able to work in ArcGIS Pro 2.7 that I follow the post you mention to update proenv.txt and other post to clean remove ArcGIS Pro and reinstall that did not give me any fix. 

I then remove the most program that uses python library eg. FME. restart system multiple times for uninstall and re-install process.. it then finally get the gp tools back. 

Not sure if this information will help you. but share here incase someone has similar experience. 

~Vicky Wang~
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Vicky.  Unfortunately with Pro 2.8 that .txt file doesn't look to be available any longer.  There is a .bat file however there is not an option to set the Pro environment in that file.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

from

Install the Utility Network Package Tools toolbox—Get Started | ArcGIS Solutions

If you're unable to find untools after completing the steps below, see frequently asked questions for other installation options.

the FAQ leads to lots of pointers

Frequently asked questions—Get Started | ArcGIS Solutions

having said that, there was also an unresolved post this week involving dltsolutions, so this might warrant contacting Tech Support in case this is a recent issue given untools' recent update is less that 2 weeks old

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Dan.  I submitted a ticket as my colleague and I can both reproduce the issue at Pro 2.8 / untools 2.8 as well as dltsolutions.  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just an fyi.  After removing 2.8 and re installing 2.7 I was able to install the untools and dltsolutions modules.

I have submitted a ticket and will update once I have a solution.

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

I have also experienced this at 2.8.1. I had to downgrade to 2.8.0 in order to get the untools to work. Very annoying.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Ryan.  Good to know it could just be 2.8 not .1 

I'll try that on my end as well.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Ryan,  from esri support:

Overall, we are running into an existing defect in ArcGIS Pro 2.8.1. Below is the defect that we are running into. I have also attached this defect to our case so you will be able to view it within your My Esri Page. 

• BUG-000141015: ArcGIS Pro 2.8.1 does not honor the active environment set through Python Package Manager, and causes the active environment to be reset to the base arcgispro-py3.

The defect is not reproducible at version 2.8 as you are seeing. My suggestion at this time is to remain at ArcGIS Pro 2.8 at this time. This defect has been fixed at ArcGIS Pro version 2.9, but this has not yet been released. 

RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Workaround

Using the python command prompt for your conda environment force the 2.8.0 version of the untools to install using the following command

• conda install untools=2.8.0

Description

I have found that the 2.8.0 untools work fine with both the ArcGIS Pro 2.8 and ArcGIS Pro 2.8.1 release.  The trick is that if you've upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 2.8.1 the application will automatically install the 2.8.1 version of the tools.