Electric Junction Object connectivity and subnetwork controller

10-06-2021 09:07 AM
I_P
by
New Contributor II

I was exploring by myself the electric asset package for UN v4 and ArcgisPro 2.6, and I have a couple of questions. I am doing the testing on gdb, but I will move later to Enterprise DB.

I have learnt a little about the possibility to use Electric Junction Object in order to consider no-geometrical elements of an electric dataset. I was wondering if there is the possibility to directly connect a Device stored in the Electric Junction Object table (for example an MV Transformer) to a cable line (Electric line LW) without a Line End or Connectivity point (Electric Junction).

Also, I was trying to assign to the element of the Electric Junction Object (MV Transformer) the role of subnetwork controller, but I have the following error message: ERROR 000192: Invalid value for TIERNAME (row 2). Failed to execute (ImportSubnetworkControllers).  I should have kept both Electric Distribution and Sub-Transmission Tier from the package. So the error came from something else, o maybe something is missed when importing the data I am using for the test. 

Please let me know any advice, while I am trying to search for a solution on the web. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Yes, you can make a Junction Edge Association to the Junction Object.  

For a feature to be a controller in a partitioned system, it requires a directional terminal configuration and the category of Subnetwork Controller assigned to it.

0 Kudos
I_P
by
New Contributor II

Thanks for the answer. As I was trying to test UN with some data, I already validated the topology and I cannot set the terminal configuration to the new MV transformer created in the ElectricJunctionObject.  Anyway, I will try a new test. 

I have also a related question: I was trying to create an association between MV transformer (point) to two overhead line end. It seems possible from the rules, but I am not sure which value I should put in the terminal column (Source? The name of the terminal?). I have attached a screenshot to display the input data involved in the association. If you can help, I really appreciated it. 

Regards. 

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would suggest using the Modify Association tool in ArcGIS pro.  That will help you assign the correct values.  Is there are reason you are trying to define associations in csv and import them?

0 Kudos