Delete Enteprise DB error

04-20-2020 09:14 AM
FilipKuzman
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I am using MS SQL 17 and ArcGIS Pro 2.5. What I want to do is to publish a utility network from a file geodatabase. So I  started with an attempt to copy/paste my utility network to Enterprise geodatabase. However, that was not possible because I would non stop get an error 000260. I played with some script to fix that, it didn't work. My next idea was to export an asset package from a file geodatabase and apply it to Enterprise. I have created the same service area and Utility network in Enterprise gdb and applied the asset package. That worked perfectly.

However, after that, I deleted/drop the database from the SQL server(what I have read it is the recommended way to delete Gdb by some users in Pro) because of some issues with versioning and tried to repeat previous steps. And now I am experiencing several errors. Pro would create the UN on Enterprise gdb without any errors but every time I would try to add that newly created UN layer to the map or try to see the properties of the UN layer ArcGIS Pro would crash. If I try to apply an asset package to it, it would say that the only data owner has permission to do that. However, I am logged with the right portal account which is the data owner. I believe it can not read the UN layer properly because is broken.

Now I have a question, what would cause this? At first, I didn't have any problems. I deleted DB from MS SQL studio but left the SDE table, so I am very suspicious that I haven't deleted something right. And I don't know if it might be important it is SDE owned schema gdb. Or that on the portal I am still assigned as Utility network owner of the previous network?

I tried to create gdb with a new database from SQL, new users. Nope. Same error.

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

At first, I didn't have any problems. I deleted DB from MS SQL studio but left the SDE table, so I am very suspicious that I haven't deleted something right.

how did you delete the database but leave the SDE tables?

Did you delete all the tables that were like this; "dataowner.tablename" in SSMS?

Have you attempted to create a brand new SQL Server Enterprise Geodatabase using the Create Enterprise Geodatabase GP tool?

I think that I am a little confused on the steps and exact processes you have completed in relation to the DB "drop/delete".

--- George T.
0 Kudos
FilipKuzman
New Contributor III

Hi George,

firstly, thank you for the answer!

I believe it is confusing.

I have deleted the database in which I stored my Geodatabase. So the DB described in step 5 section "Run the Create Enterprise Geodatabase tool" at this link Create a geodatabase in SQL Server—Manage geodatabases in SQL Server | Documentation. I think you understood right. And yes, for both times I was using the Create Enterprise Geodatabase GP tool. With two different databases previously mentioned for storing Geodatabase(I have deleted first one)

0 Kudos
FilipKuzman
New Contributor III

Oh and I forgot to say that regarding SDE tables, I meant actually on sde database. I used the wrong word. 

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Ok, if you created a new SQL Enterprise Geodatabase then you should have no issues.

For these issues, I would recommend that contact Esri Technical support and open a case with a Geodatabase analyst to review the behavior.

It may be too difficult to troubleshoot via the forum.

--- George T.
0 Kudos