Select to view content in your preferred language

Upload pictures from laptop files on ArcGIS Survey123.

Jump to solution
07-22-2024 06:39 PM
RafaelCelaya
New Contributor II

Good afternoon. I received a new work laptop. We downloaded app windows x64 from Esri.com version 3.20.68. The problem I am having I can not attach a picture for one of my folders, it only allows me to take a picture. My co-work still has version 3.10.326 and he stills has the option to add pictures that are stored in his laptop. We take pictures with a camera when in the field and then attach them when we enter our data in ArcGIS Survey123. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In newer versions you have to set this to allow both.

In the body::esri:style column of the image question add this method=camera,browse

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In newer versions you have to set this to allow both.

In the body::esri:style column of the image question add this method=camera,browse

0 Kudos
RafaelCelaya
New Contributor II

Thank you Sir, the problem is fixed.

abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Unless you have something preventing you from doing so, I'd recommend that both you and your co-worker uninstall the standalone version of Connect/Field App and instead go with the Windows Store Version (it auto-updates). Working on outdated software isn't a good practice.

Doug posted the solution to your question. I will add a couple things: Before updating the XLSX in Connect, You should 1) ensure Connect is up to date, and 2) Use the new(ish) "Update XLSForm template" feature, and 3) optionally using the "Analyze survey" feature may also be a good idea. After that, go ahead and update the XLSX and republish.

abureaux_2-1721744428484.png

0 Kudos
RafaelCelaya
New Contributor II

Thank you Sir, the problem is fixed. We had no idea that we were working on an old version. How can a get updates when a new version is available? Thank you 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

As I mentioned, you need to use the Windows Store Version as it auto-updates. Beyond that, you need to practice due-diligence in manually checking for updates (it's a hassle).

0 Kudos