Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Connect, Constraint, Answer does not equal to list from file

Jump to solution
07-22-2024 09:16 AM
SophieSanders
New Contributor II

Hello,

Does anyone know how to apply a constraint so that answer cannot be an ID pulled from a file.csv list,

like the opposite of select one from file, e.g. constraint cannot be from file list,

Many thanks,

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

A little more info would be helpful. Do you mean something like...

• You have an external list that you don't want user to select from? E.g., Text_Box_1 != list.csv
  • You have a repeat with a dropdown that users can select from and you don't want them adding duplicates to the repeat?

View solution in original post

SophieSanders
New Contributor II

Hi abureaux,

Your first suggest is exactly what I needed, I hadn't been including the text_box_name 

I've now used this in the constraints field and it worked!, thank you for your help ${Text_box_name} !=list.csv

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

A little more info would be helpful. Do you mean something like...

• You have an external list that you don't want user to select from? E.g., Text_Box_1 != list.csv
  • You have a repeat with a dropdown that users can select from and you don't want them adding duplicates to the repeat?
SophieSanders
New Contributor II

Hi abureaux,

Your first suggest is exactly what I needed, I hadn't been including the text_box_name 

I've now used this in the constraints field and it worked!, thank you for your help ${Text_box_name} !=list.csv

0 Kudos