Select to view content in your preferred language

Autofill field 2 based on the selection in field 1 using ArcGIS Survey123 Online

4 hours ago
RobertCorkren

Really, Really new to this, but I'm building a simple survey form, and I would like when the user inputs a species into field 1, then field 2 auto populates with the growth habit. Can this be done, or do I need to use a dsktop version? 

Thanks, 

Robert

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

The method to do this is the formula pulldata() with a CSV lookup table to get the values.

I don't believe this is supported in the web designer, you need to use connect.

You could build the survey in web designer then download into connect to add the formula and CSV, but once you do you will need to continue to use Connect.

Personally I would recommend just learning Connect if you're going to be working in this space a lot. There's a lot of things you'll learn about good survey design that's not at the front of the web designer. If you're not, and you're confident this is the only survey you'll ever make, I'd stay in web designer, keep the survey simple, and do calculations like this AFTER the data has been collected. E.g. using pro, field calculator, joins...

0 Kudos