Survey123 change default report file name

03-09-2022 03:05 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it possible to set the default file name to something different when generating reports from a template? Right now it defaults to this which doesn't mean much to anyone trying to look at my reports. 

HenryGrover_0-1646866845325.png

Thanks!

Henry

8 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

I don't know of a way to change the default value, but in my experience it's not a big issue since you can just manually type in a report name. Or are you trying to automate the process and want to control standardized naming conventions?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Katherine,

I am trying to control standardized naming conventions we have a site ID that is easy for users to recognize that I would much prefer it to default to and different users publish reports regularly. I'm guessing there is a python automation solution which I can explore if it's not possible to change on AGOL.

Henry

0 Kudos
KarlMauch-CDA
New Contributor II

I am also interested in this solution. There has to be some place where the default Report name is populating with the Form Name & the row number in the record # ${objectid}. I already understand that I can change the ${} to pull a different field name into my file name but when you leave and come back into Survey123 it defaults back to ${objectid}. 

0 Kudos
studebakers_Boulder
New Contributor III

Just replying to say I too would benefit immensely from this ability. I have posted about it on other threads and added it as an idea. If anyone wants to show their support for that idea it might be helpful for our shared cause... 

0 Kudos
GabrielDesmettre
New Contributor

Hi all,

I would also benefit from an update on this.

The users of my app and workflow are not familiar (and don't need to be) with how the attributes work, and I would like to remove this tasks of naming each record individually from their workflow

0 Kudos
Justin_P
New Contributor III

Yes, please add this! It would be a great feature!

KeikoOhtake-Gordon
New Contributor II

Hopefully they add this soon!

0 Kudos
LHershb
New Contributor

Following studebakers_Boulder's "idea" link took me to the solution for this. I was able to build out my URL and name my report with unique data from the point by using an Attribute Expression.

outputReportname: is the function to do so

An example of what I created is below:

LHershb_0-1689780287177.png

This links me to a report page via a URL in the point pop-up, automatically selects the point who's URL I followed, and names the report after the creation date of the point.

0 Kudos