Select to view content in your preferred language

required fields inside repeat are not enforced in field app but are enforced in web version

Jump to solution
06-23-2023 10:13 AM
MelindaLamb
New Contributor III

This form is used in the web browser and the field app and the web browser version is working properly however the field app is not enforcing that the required fields be completed before the survey is submitted. These required fields are in a child table created by a repeat.  A question from the parent level form creates the number of child records that the user needs to fill out but in the field app, the user can skip completing each of the child records. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RossPitman
New Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue. @MelindaLamb have you found a solution? The only other way around this was documented here: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/going-through-all-existing-repeats-before/t.... But it doesn't work that well, and seems a bit buggy for complex forms.

View solution in original post

MelindaLamb
New Contributor III

I have not found another solution so I will give the one above a try today.  Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SMH-Rio
New Contributor III

I noticed this same problem in version 3.17. However, testing again on 3.18, it seems to have been resolved, as shown in the image below:

SMH_Dados_Agol_0-1687545254017.png

Maybe re-publishing the survey in the new version of Connect (3.18) will also solve your problem.

0 Kudos
MelindaLamb
New Contributor III

I republished with 3.18 and still the problem persists.  If the user does not arrow over to the repeated records created, the required limitation is not enforced.  If the user does open the next record ,then they are required to fill in the question.  My users are skipping the additional records in the repeat and not opening them. 

RossPitman
New Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue. @MelindaLamb have you found a solution? The only other way around this was documented here: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/going-through-all-existing-repeats-before/t.... But it doesn't work that well, and seems a bit buggy for complex forms.

MelindaLamb
New Contributor III

I have not found another solution so I will give the one above a try today.  Thank you!

0 Kudos