Pulling data values to repeated group

Jump to solution
03-25-2021 11:56 AM
Ali_Hussein_Awad
New Contributor II

Hello, can i pull data values from a .CSV file to a repeated group?

if yes, what is the best way?

thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

I am not sure I fully understand your question.

If you want to calculate a question within a repeat using pulldata(), the answer is yes. There is no difference between using pulldata() in or out of a repeat.

If you want to populate entire repeat records from a pulldata() function, the answer is no. A repeat group can only be populated with records through the Inbox. You cannot create a new record in a repeat using an XLSForm expression.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

I am not sure I fully understand your question.

If you want to calculate a question within a repeat using pulldata(), the answer is yes. There is no difference between using pulldata() in or out of a repeat.

If you want to populate entire repeat records from a pulldata() function, the answer is no. A repeat group can only be populated with records through the Inbox. You cannot create a new record in a repeat using an XLSForm expression.

0 Kudos
Ali_Hussein_Awad
New Contributor II

Okk thank you @IsmaelChivite !

I want to calculate a question within a repeat using pulldata().

0 Kudos
AnaDeniston
New Contributor III

Hi @IsmaelChivite 

Is there a way to work around filling up entire repeat records? Perhaps using Java? 

Thank you, 

Ana

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Not that I am aware of. Technically, you cannot calculate a value on a record that does not exist. That is, you can't have the survey automatically add a new record to a repeat.   If you have an existing record in a repeat, you can prepoulate values using the calculation column, but not add the new row. Makes sense?

0 Kudos