How to use Survey123 with existing feature service?

05-01-2017 01:16 PM
KyleWikstrom
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,

I have followed the instructions in the documentation (Use Survey123 with existing feature services—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ) to use Survey123 with an existing feature service published on ArcGIS Server 10.4.1 but with little success. I am attempting to Generate a Survey from a Feature Service. I have published a very simple point layer with two attributes (string, no domain) and secured it in ArcGIS Server Manager by creating a security Role and a User with the appropriate role permissions. I registered this secure service as an item in the AGO organization and saved the AGS User credentials.

In Survey123 Connect, I have chosen to create a new survey, selected from a Feature Service, and chosen the secured service that I registered in AGO. The survey is created and published without issue. I downloaded the form onto Survey123 for Windows and started collecting a new survey. When I attempt to submit the survey, I get the following:

Send Error

This survey was not able to be sent due to the following error: Code 400 Unable to complete operation.

Has anyone encountered and resolved this issue? What is the cause? What is the solution? Is there specific documentation, step-by-step, that exists describing how to generate a survey from a feature service using ArcGIS Online and a non-federated AGS, from start to finish?

Thanks all!

0 Kudos
20 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joseph,

It is not currently possible to use an existing feature service with the web designer.

0 Kudos