Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I format the map in Survey123 Reports?

10-28-2019 08:56 PM
PaulDoherty2
Occasional Contributor III

I am posting this for a good friend of the search and rescue community Diane Ambrose‌. 

Real-world Problem: Creating individual reports for field data.

Technical Problem: Viewing Survey123 Reports for points created using both Survey123 and Collector for ArcGIS. The map that displays in the report is of the whole world.

"I am a volunteer with the South Park Site Stewards https://www.southparksitestewards.org This is the first year for us to use Survey123 and Collector to collect field data. Our field data collection season will be done on October 31st and we have been really busy working on creating reports. We are able to create our reports from Survey123 using the Survey123 report tool. We can also get most of our Collector data into Survey123 and use the report tool for this data too - ESRI was a great help in getting our artifact photos to print. However, the map that displays in the report is of the whole world. We have tried lots of different syntax options - but it seems viewing Collector data via Survey123 may require some special syntax like viewing the photos did. We have a few other options if we need to - we can bring the data into ArcMap at season end and use data driven pages to print the reports, not put a map on the reports, bring the data into google drive sheets and use one of their add-ons etc, so we aren’t dead in the water but the Survey123 report process would be much easier."

Any help would be much appreciated! 

Ismael Chivite

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Paul,

I have been working with Diane on this issue in another communication channel.  One potential workaround that has been identified is to republish the map with Map Settings specified.

0 Kudos